Change Mode

AVI Video file into a Windows Media File

DumbBlonde

How do I change a AVI Video file (downloaded from my camera) into a Windows Media File so I can email it to someone and they will be able to open it?

As it stands now after I download from camera...only I can open them up on my computer, but when I send it to someone they cannot open it up and watch it.

Thanks for helping....

:pullhair:

Is "someone" anyone or a particular person? I prefer Real Player, but ayway you can easily configure Windows media Player to work for avi files. Go to tools/options/file types. Then check the box for avi files. I suspect it is already checked in your case but probably not in your friend's case. Same sort of thing for Real Player.

Thanks Muchado for your help...

I checked in the file section and on my computer my AVI files open with Real player...(I prefer Real Player too...smile)....but...when I send that file to anyone, no one in particular, they cannot open it even if they have real player on their own computer..... what should I do or tell the recipient of the email to do?

Thanks again for your time and assistance. :rolleyes:

I'm really not sure, I'd have to send it again to someone and see....something like 'there isn't a file associated with this'......I've recieved emails with the same message....where I can't open an attachment because I don't have a file associated with the format, and then when I go to tools, folder options, etc...I can't find that type of file listed to have it open with something else....weird I no...but maybe just being a dumbe blonde on my part...