Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

Pledge of Allegiance Under Attack

If they don't like "under god" being in the pledge of allegiance, they have every right to shut the hell up, and get out. Well, at least that's how I see it.

I think this applies here: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=pledge

Warning: It's someone's opinion, look out!

Edited by brandon

easier way to fix that other than court action. if you don't believe in god, just say one nation, indevisible. drop the under god bit. simple.

That's almost as good as my idea of them leaving the country. :tup:

the nature of the pledge is a patriotic activity."

It's getting crazy. I've never had a problem reciting the pledge.

And this all started over 2 words.....Under God

Edited by Juliet

easier way to fix that other than court action. if you don't believe in god, just say one nation, indevisible. drop the under god bit. simple.

And save a bunch of money in lawyers fees and court cost.

This whole issue was begun by ONE athiest Dad (estranged from his wife) that didnt like his wife and daughter's Christian beliefs.

While I do believe we are a nation under God, I don't believe it must remain included in the Pledge of Allegiance. It was originally inteded as a pledge to a nation and not a statement of the countrys religious beliefs. I also think those who disagree with my opinion have every right to stay right here in the good old USA.

While I do believe we are a nation under God, I don't believe it must remain included in the Pledge of Allegiance. It was originally inteded as a pledge to a nation and not a statement of the countrys religious beliefs. I also think those who disagree with my opinion have every right to stay right here in the good old USA.

They do have every right to stay, but they are costing the country millions for something nobody but them cares about.

I say boot 'em.

Yea, really, why make such a big deal out of it? Students are in no way required to recite the pledge if they do not feel inclined to do so.

Several of my classmates chose to sit down whenever we recited the Pledge of Allegiance. No one had a problem with that. It was their beliefs.

This whole issue was begun by ONE athiest Dad (estranged from his wife) that didnt like his wife and daughter's Christian beliefs.

Well regardless..the whole damn mess is going to be thrown to the big court...

My personal feeling is folks can say what they like within reason and the courts can drop dead...the courts may not see it that way tho?? ;) v

It was originally intended as a pledge to a nation and not a statement of the countrys religious beliefs.

I agree, I think your right

Actually, to make it "Politically Correct" you must substitute the words "Under a non-gender specific, non religious diety of your choice"

:lol::lol::lol:

More like "Under something, somewhere"

That way, people will have nothing to complain about, unless those two words offend someone.

Well volt--- they are going to use our money to pay themselves while they argue the case for the next couple decades... :rofl2::geezer:

2 more decades I could give a hoot less..I'm going to say that pledge my own damn way and them big boys can go to hell.

I was atheist for a bit before becoming a Christian again. Didn't really bother me. I think some just like to stir up trouble. I don't get how something they don't think exists can bother them. :shrug:

I'm amused by it all because when I was in school the words "under God" didn't exist in the pledge. And then, suddenly one day I was saying the pledge and everyone said "under God" and I was out of step. Come to find out Congress had added those two words and I was unaware of it. I still have trouble today because of my early training in school.

I remember this nonsense from last year. Still a waste of court time and tax payer's money.

Guess the guy and the attorney he hired have no desire to help those who really need it...so long as it's "I got mine, too bad about yours".

I wish they would drop it already. As mentioned above, don't say the two words, or don't be a part of the "pledge of allegiance".

The man's name is Michael Newdow. He got owned in a religious debate between him and a Christian dude that I watched a few months ago. :lol:

Posted Image

If they don't like "under god" being in the pledge of allegiance, they have every right to shut the hell up, and get out. Well, at least that's how I see it.

I think this applies here: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=pledge

Warning: It's someone's opinion, look out!

:rofl2:

Maddox is the man :mrgreen:

Why isn't he boycotting money? :lol:

Maybe we should steal all his money since he doesn't like it. I'll be sure to take donations. :P

If he doesn't like "Under God" then he should cover his ears. It's called tolerance of other people's religion. Everybody gets offended throughout a normal day of life. We can't make everybody happy.

Edited by The Dude

when i was in school they always said u had to stand up but u didnt have to actually recite it..so WTH is the big deal??!?!..the teachers dont MAKE u state it

this whole thing is just stupid..just because thier is the word GOD ppl want to sue..all in all i would pretty much say i dont believe in god..but if it bothered me to say it..i JUST WOULDNT SAY IT..what is it ppl dont get about this???

IF it REALLY bothered them that much they ARE doctors and they DO have the money to put into the lawyers..so y dont they just put them in private school and shut up already

this is america and its all about free speach and freedom of relegion..he can always move to cuba?...thier is supposed to be a seperation from church and state...and usin the word god(which is a universal word that could mean ANY god) 1 time a day isnt going to hurt thier children

to me they are just as bad as those WAY OVER PRESSURING CHRISTIANS but just on the opposite side of the fence

My mother is an elementary school teacher, and one year she had a "jehova's witness" That person didn't have to pledge their lives to anything. They didn't even have to stand. What's the big deal? If you don't want to hear it, don't listen to it.