Change Mode

94 tracker tranny problems:(

gordesky1

to day my mom and dad came home from delivering papers and told me the tranny is going. my mom said after about hour and 30mins it started too rev like it was in N gear when she push on the gas. it was doing it all mornining they said. than they came home from papers. and she told me they gona leave it sit and cool down for about 2hrs. me and my mom took it for a test drive and it was driveing pretty good shifting gears right on and everything and has alots of power going up hils. if the tranny was going whouldint it be jerking and whouldint have power going up hill? we kept going around the block about 5 too 8 times up hills and it was fine. my dad said when he felt the tranny or by it was pretty hot when it was doing it for them doing papers. if it was overheating whould that cause theses problems?

edit wish we could get out of theses papers it kill Vehicals. this little tracker goes threw hell everyday:( it gots 150,000miles not shure if the tranny is the same. but what do you think it could be?

Well if its full try adding a quart of Trans-X to it see if that helps. If still not good go ahead and change fluid and filter (screen), as you want have much to lose at that point. Also check make sure line to radiator is not crushed not allowing fluid to cool. Changing fluid and filter not to difficult but very dirty job, all parts and fluid less than $50 - $40.

After all that and still no good consider replacing it as trans overhaul walking in off street $1000.00 - $1500.00 and with 150,000 miles like throwing good money after bad. Just sell it as is for whatever you can get.

well we aint selling the truck its a good truck. but we geting a tranny for it for ony 300$ 65k miles they concider it new. and someone puting it in for about 170$. so thats alot better than geting another problem car. we ony put like the fuel filter in and this. this will be the 2nd part we put in it sence we had it. that is like 5yrs ago. and this truck goes too hell and back so i think its worth it. its pretty denpenable. and it allways passs inspections.