Change Mode

17" LCD monitor

johnalkateb

Hey all im about to go off to uni and my parents have said that they will reward me with a flat screen monitor as im taking my pc to uni and i have a bulky CRT that is not easy to transport. I need your help in buying one as i have some idea what to look for ie 8ms response time so i can do gaming on it. What about other things as in aspect ratio and viewing angle?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd17.html

This is the page i am looking from i love this site and buy everything from here. So please could you help me choose one my budget is about £180 (not inclucing p&p) i would be gratefull if you could pick one out from there and tell me why. If you know of another amazing screen elsewhere please tell me. Thank you oh so much from john

EDIT: sorry forgot to say i think my graphics card can support DVI-D (x800 pro VIVO) Is there a significant difference in quality comapred to analogue.

Edited by johnalkateb

Hi, I just upgraded my 4 year old analog lcd monitor to a 19" samsung digital monitor. ok I think the digital interface is a significant improvement over the analog input. I am very happy with this monitor. anyway you should be able to find a nice 17" monitor. I think you should try to find a name brand monitor, at least you will find it easier to deal with a major brand if and when you ever need service.

LOL thanks for that but bare in mind that this is for my university hall room somehow i dont think i will have room for a 40" monitor in my room. I've been reading around and i am favouring the Hyundai imagewuest L72D+ has anyone got any views of that one or any of the others for that matter? thanks

NEC MultiSync LCD1770GX ......If you can find one locally compare it to all the other displays. I was prepared to purchase a 19" LCD online sight unseen and just happended to see the display of the NEC in a local store and it blew me away compared to the numerous other brands and models on display including most all the popular models everyone looks at online. The 19" NEC was about 150.00 US dollars more so I "settled" for the 17" at roughly 360.00 US dollars after 50.00 mail-in rebate. I believe it has all the qualities you are looking for prehaps other than $$....not sure what it would cost ya in Europe.

LOL thanks for that but bare in mind that this is for my university hall room somehow i dont think i will have room for a 40" monitor in my room. I've been reading around and i am favouring the Hyundai imagewuest L72D+ has anyone got any views of that one or any of the others for that matter? thanks

i said you can find them on smaller monitors :P