Change Mode

birthdays et all

Ian

Just Iain being sarky...but your correct B...most of us live n learn.

Man, I wish I could think of some really big words that mean "you're right" right now, but the mix of fatigue/lethargy and caffeine don't bode so well for my brain... Edited by brandon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: That's as good an excuse as any.

with regards

It is a good excuse...

It's gotten to the point where some soap scum I looked at turned into a samurai action movie, and the veins on my foot appeared to be moving...

That's how tired I am, but I can't sleep.

Edited by brandon

It's no problem, but I'm rather sedated from a mixture of fatigue & caffeine, so my brain isn't working at full capacity.

That's how tired I am, but I can't sleep.

Have you considered the possibility that it's the caffeine that's preventing you from getting sleep??? :rolleyes::P -kd5-

Just my humble opinion here, but I think wishing members a happy birthday is one of the most friendly family-gathering things I do here. It makes people feel like they're wanted somewhere, like they're a part of something. I know it makes me feel good when someone remembers my birthday (even at my age), especially when that someone is family, and I consider the members of PC Pitstop part of my family.

The only members I leave out are the ones who either haven't been here for a very long time, members who have only made a couple of posts...and those quite awhile ago, members who are not likely to ever see their Happy Birthday wish, and members who have intentionally NOT included their birthdates in their profile.

If yours was in your profile Iain, you can bet I'd be wishing you a Happy Birthday... ;)

P.S. To all the ones who've picked up my slack for wishing Happy Birthdays.......Thank You! :) -kd5-

I reiterate--what kd5, the prince of birthday greetings, said.

The birthday greetings are one of my favorite things about the Pit. The chance that someone a half a world away might take a few minutes of their time to wish me a happy birthday makes my day. I do likewise when I see someone that has been around for awhile.

My opinion is simple: you want a greeting--post your birthday and to get a greeting, you should give a greeting once in a while.

The beauty is nobody is keeping score, I believe.

:)

Being wished happy birthday isn't something that you have to "earn" We wish almost everyone with a birthday in their profile happy birthday every day. I mean, I don't see it as leaving anybody out, since you need to "sign up" to be on the list anyways. There is an announcement on the main page that lists birthdays anyways. :P

I guess I have a parallel agenda here so I hope you'll be patient and help me work through it.

First, and no recriminations here: A doppleganger of the forum --secret to the membership-- seems to have sprung up amongst the crop of mods that have sprouted since my departure.

Second, GD has become inhospitable to regulars and newcomers alike. My first point may be germaine in that regard.

I

PS I strongly disapprove of limiting threads to to two or three pages.

It's gotten to the point where some soap scum I looked at turned into a samurai action movie

Cool. B) It's weird...but cool... :erm:

No wait, I like talking loose. And I like talking tiight.

I'm here for you if you're here for me. Just not always.

Well, I'm just glad you're not being ambiguous. :huh:

with regards

Iain, if you have something to say - just say it! I think most of us around here respect you for your openess and directness that you usually display - so what's with all this guarded hinting at a subject?

Man you are confusing me. What started out as a seemingly straightforward statement of preference has turned into some kind of acid trip :woot: C'mon man - spill the beans :angry:

beau B)

What started out as a seemingly straightforward statement of preference has turned into some kind of acid trip

Which is what people around here used to like. But apparantly that's become taboo.

We stragglers from the old days lament its passing.

I

Edited by Iain