Change Mode

Slimbrowser

franglais

I have always used IE and yes I know there are "issues" with it regarding security tec...but I just like it..recently I tried the Avant version, but that was very heavy on resources...but I have found Slimbrowser which uses much less resources that IE and I find it very fast, Has anybody else who has tried or who is currently using this browser, any views on this browser. ;)

You can get plug ins here;

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

Very easy with windows...just dwnld and open...that's it

I got 1.2.1 version...and I did have a bug , found out that I had to update my vid driver, appearently mozilla doesn't like older ATI drivers, or is it ATI drivers don't like mozilla Posted Image lol, doesn't matter now...

Edited by Joe C

For me it runs a little faster than IE, it'll have to build up some cookies and cache url's when you notice the improvement. Has a real nice cookie control and themes/everything is very changable,based on open source so ya can even rebuild it if ya please too, plays with IE well to and has it's own mail, less prone to OE viruses, Since iv'e been using it no need to run pest patrol...never finds anything now

It has a built in pop up stopper, tabbed browsing, an outstanding mail package, excellent cookie management, much more and easier to configure then IE is, it is indeed faster, and it works on internet standards, there are at least 10 different incarnations of Mozilla, from Mozilla, K-Melon, Phoenix, Netscape, Galeon, Chimaera and more many more.......

Stick with it and I gaurentee you will have far fewer spyware problems, other then a few double click type cookie's, and you can simply set up rules to not allow those.

browse for a day on the net without all your third party apps protecting IE, then scan for junk, then do the same with Moailla, you will be quite suprised at the "lack" off junk.

• 5 years later...

death, if your only reason for bumping this thread is because "This is the oldest topic", it doesn't make any real sense and I would strongly encourage you not to do things like that in the future.

If the thread in question would have been a legitimate concern to you, then that would have been a legitimate reason to bump it. But to bump it for the reason you offered provides an excellent means of attracting the attention of a moderator or administrator, and not for the right reasons. -kd5-