Internet Freezes

Heres my problem. I have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have a D-Link Router and Windows XP Home. When im online, after 5-10 minutes it will freeze for half a minute and then continue again. This cycle continues through the entire day. After a while (half hour to an hour), the internet connection just stops. I have to reset my router for it to work again. This stops me from being able to download larger files because it will likely stop before I finish the download. I have no idea what is causing my internet to stop. Ive had this problem for a few months and have no idea on how to fix it. Any ideas and solutions?

:nospys: Your bandwidth may very well be giviving a free ride to spyware poo. Download and run adaware This behavior can also be caused by programs accessing the internet (looking for updates) such as Real Player. These can be stopped through their "preferences or options" controls, through msconfig, or permanently through Add/Remove Programs.

If you need help sorting these background programs, Post a Test :)

I have had a friend with the same problem, we resolved it by unistalling his anti-virus. When he last did a windows update, it changed his IE 6 and thereby changed the dll that the anti virus was using. This created an enormous lag and freeze problem. Try it out and let me know. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Its been working for a week but now the problems are back. :bawling: I ran the adaware program again on all the computers in my house, but nothing. Could XP have anything to do with this? Any other suggestions about how to make my internet work? :help: