Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

editus

What is the end result?

I really want to see the answers to the questions/difficulties that are posted. It looks like a hedge when I see a post that says to the poster to go elsewhere to get a fix and I can't see what the answer was. Hiding the end result makes it look sneaky.

I am sorry you feel that way, we send people with technical problems to our service page because it is easy to support them. I can ask for personal information, get log files from them, and contact them easier. I will try and up date results from now on so readers can see the final results.

The reason we do that through our web contact form, and later by email or phone, is that the log files and other items may contain personal information and shouldn't be posted in an open forum.

Unfortunately, the end result is usually that the person doesn't contact us or send the information we need to solve the problem. So we're stuck without knowing the answer ourselves. Part of it is our fault I suppose, our policy is to refund people's money first and then see if we can solve the problem. Do you think we should hold onto their money until we get the information we need? :)

This problem isn't unique to Optimize, you can go to the other sections of the forum, or even to other forums, and see the same trend: Someone describes a problem, we propose several possible solutions, and the person never comes back to say if any of them worked.