Change Mode

when i was playing swat 4 when the 3rd level was loading it went right too a blank blue screen. i dont think its my cpu overheating. because when i was useing my 9600xt and my uncles 5200. it was fine but right now im useing my [email protected] when i had my first [email protected] this was happening with that too. the card does get pretty hot on the memory. when i touch the mems it burns me. so will that casue this? i dont think the core of the card is a problem because i got a artic cooler rev 3 on it and a vantec card pci fan blowing on the cooler. i dont know what too cool the mems with tho.

generaly application crashes are due to problems with memory, whether it be not enough memory, or in your case what seems to be your memory over heating, burning to the touch, obviously its way to hot. even without a heat disapator it shouldnt get that hot unless overclocked, so if you dont have someing that spreads the heat, for example

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...te=pricegrabber

that is a heat spreader+ fan, should significantly lower your memory tempature

Edited by Apollyon

yep i tried it with regular drivers and it was cooler still alittle hot but i cant run it with ony 4piplines. because its way too slow about 30fps slower or more lol i dont have ramsinks but whouldint that voild my wartty? because i still dont trust this card dieing on me like my last one did after a year.

Apollyon sorry if i wasint clear anuff i ment the mem on my video card.

Edited by gordesky1

Have you ran prime 95 for 12 hours on blend? if not i would start with saying your overclocks arent stable. Memory heatspreaders are for looks not cooling and if your under 3.0volts there not overheating.

edit just put those bga heatsinks on it. You will need to buy some thermal glue , as 5 wont hold them on.

Edited by wsrider

I use the little heatsinks on my Vid memory. You can use a very small pinpoint size dot on two corners of crazyglue with the rest :filtered:. ( arcticsilver 5) Should come off easy if necessary.

Now that we got cooling the vid card out of the way I don't think that is what is causing your blue screen. I would think that would be from ocing being unstable on the processor. If you are ocing the processor. If not I would look at running some memory tests for your system memory.

im pretty shure its stable because i did a prime test for 22hrs than i stoped it and i had it at this overclock 2.6ghzs @ 1.64vcore and its at that same oc now. i just tried swat 4 lastnight and today and i didint see that blue screen. i allmost for got too post this in my first post i had the air off in the house. my temps on my cpu is 59c load never goes over 60c with air off so thats not the problem. becasue when i was useing my 9600xt it was at 60c and there was no problems at all. i know my cpu is geting up there with temps but befor with my zalman 7000copper it was 72c load. now it never hits over 60c with this xp90c. i got good air flow too. but i dont think the cpu is the problem with temps.

well it passed too 13hrs and 8min but with 1 error whould messing with my video card settings in the cats cause this. because it passed befor at 23hrs but i wasint doing anything on it. is it best too leave it alone when primeing>?

well it did it again 2 times when i was on the menu of driver 3. so i lowered it too 2.5ghzs and it still did it. so its not my overclock. than i felt the video card memorys and they were hot too touch. whould that casue problems like this? becuase right now i turnt the house air on and i haveint see this blue screen. so it got too be the heat causeing something. its not my cpu temp because it did this at 2.5ghzs at 1.5vcore and its was ony at 50c too 53c max.

yes to everything. What your system tests one time with one set of hardware can vary with other hardware. So if you're Prime stable with one video card that doesn't mean you will be prime stable with another. Your overclock on the processor effects the video cards also Every time you change any piece of hardware you're basically starting over. Since you have a new Vid card and you are not prime stable at the moment you will have to start completely over moving upward to stability instead of dropping down. Start your voltages from scratch where you are stable. Be sure it's stable before moving upward since you are having problems. That would man starting at stock cpu, vcore, and vid voltage and settings. Then move upward. I would start with moving only the fsb untill you need more v core. (all this is provided you are using the same memory that has been memtested for stability). :)

the computer is prime stable at 2.6ghz and 2.5ghzs. right now i got it at 2.5ghzs because of the temp and vcore diff. [email protected] 1.43 idel and [email protected] with air on too the [email protected] idel and [email protected] 55 too 56max with air on. so i went back too the 2.5ghzs. but so far i dont get that blue screen with the house air on. so that leaves it down too the video card. if i get them ramsinks for the video card will that sove my problem with my mem overheating? i tried a thermal probe censor on it and it went right too 60c and i think it wanted too go more. is that hot too cause problems? and is it worth the 100mhzs too go back too 2.6ghzs? i check my rails too and its 12.20idel and 12.17 load on my volt tester.

Edited by gordesky1

gordesky1 60c full load is to warm aim for 50c full I have found when the cpu temp goes over 50c its no longer stable for 24/7 use unless u like games crashing :lol: And if prime crashes in 12 hours its still unstable and games will randomly crash on u.

you meen the video card right? because thats whats hits 60c right away and try going higher. for the cpu geting too 60c on a hot day and will not get higher. and it ony gets too 50 too 54c in games. it should be fine because when i had my 9600xt and my uncles 5200 it was fine no blue screens. right now i got it back too [email protected] 1.5max so far max 50c :) but i still think its the video card. i realy cant help the cpu temp much because im useing problee the best heatsink xp90c with ufo fan. but its alot better than my zalman 7000c it went too 72c.

Edited by gordesky1

Yes your system ram not getting enough volts will cause blue screens. So will too little volts on Processor. It's a constant fight to get the right voltages on all these things without getting too hot. You're video card is just a little motherboard anyway, kinda. I still think that you should start from the bottom up. Start at a stable stock settings and see if it's 24 hour Prime Stable. Move up slowly from there. Crashing or errors at 10, 11, 12 hours is still not stable regardless of what's causing it. :)

Yep, that voltage would be safe.

welp it did it 2 times in bf2:( than i said it gota be my overclock so i tried stock setting on cpu 2ghz and mem 400mhzs everthing stock. than i went too play it again it was all find than everthing started flickering and skiping than that blank blue screen came than restarted on its own. so it got too be my video card overheating:(