Change Mode

Asus Extreme 7800GTX

looks cool LINK has a 486 core & 1350 mem . the highest stock i've seen yet and has what looks to me like an arctic cooler ... 20degrees cooler than standard cooler and a claimed 1000+ points more than generic 7800GTX .......... 3yr warr .............. might be worth looking into although i dont how well that would do in an Sli set up unless it was an ASUS ( double spaced PCI-e )

Posted Image

nice looking card but you are not going to fit two of those on a DFI board, the slots are too close together. I tried that setup with the AC coolers on my 6800s and it just wont work. Also just about every 7800 that I have tried will do atleast 500/1350 right out of the box with a stock cooler so I am not impressed at those settings and I would not spend any extra to get them. I would buy the cheapest card I could find and crank it up. All of the 7800s out right now are still the reference design and are exactly the same cards, except for this asus model that has a AC cooler and a high clock speed out of the box but it is still the same card under that cooler. AS far as warranties go I would get the EVGA ones since they now have a lifetime warranty that also covers everything except physical dammage including screwing up a bios flash.

Gryph

cool . thx for the info ... i figured an sli set up would be out of the question unless an asus board ..... the stock cooler wasnt bad on the BFG i used for a bit .... it's still a toss up between EVGA and BFG IMO

yes the 6800 AC coolers fiit the 7800s, all you would need to do is put some kind of ram sink on the rear memory. Asus gets around this by putting all the memory on the front of the card.

Gryph

the BFG 7800GTX i used for a couple of weeks was about 10c cooler than the 6800GT i had with modified fan .... and wasnt loud either ..... also temps dropped further when i put a dual fan card below it ...