Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

General Discussion Closed?

I think the problem is people who initially came to PCPitstop looking for help, got their answer, then just hung around in GD.

with regards

I actually didn't realize there was a GD, and spent most of my first posts in U2U. GD became sort of a place I could hang out, and hear (mostly) intelligent opinions on issues that interest me.

I don't think it should be closed forever, even though I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I actually didn't realize there was a GD, and spent most of my first posts in U2U. GD became sort of a place I could hang out, and hear (mostly) intelligent opinions on issues that interest me.

I don't think it should be closed forever, even though I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I hope it doesn't too, but I can see Dave and co's anguish. :(

I'd already spent a good 6 months here before I found GD too...

with regards

Haha, it's funny looking in member's profiles to see what other forums they've spent the most time posting in. :P

with regards

Haha, it's funny looking in member's profiles to see what other forums they've spent the most time posting in. :P

with regards

Stalker! :woot:

All I know is that I've spent time in different forums, mainly U2U and Networking.

I did spend time in GD. At least now, GD will be cleaned up. Glad to see that the Mods & Admin are actively at work for the betterment of The Pit.

Owners and staff thank you from the bottom of my heart for closing GD forum for a cooling off period. Hopefully we can restore GD to what it once was a nice place for all members.

The old water cooler had gotten kind of grimy I'm sure a new one will be bright and shiny encouraging a new attitude :mrgreen:

Time outs a good thing .........

heh...... 99.9% of posts in GD

Ive made friends in here ....pity if it did go altogether ...see the reasoning though .

I guess a decision need to be made whether the PIT needs a social aspect or not , or just remains purely technical

I guess a decision need to be made whether the PIT needs a social aspect or not , or just remains purely technical

.........and there's plenty of those around.

It's the interaction of the people that make a site a bit different.

Neoplanet being another............ :rolleyes:

:P

Hey everybody. I just got back from a 6 day camping and fishing trip. No TV, radio, cell phone or internet or anything and I get back and no GD forum. :blank:

At least I know it wasn't anything I said.

Hey everybody.  I just got back from a 6 day camping and fishing trip.  No TV, radio, cell phone or internet or anything and I get back and no GD forum.  :blank:

At least I know it wasn't anything I said.

Well I have been away from the pit all weekend. When I got back last night, I couldn't see the GD anywhere. So I kept refreshing my page to see if it would pop up. So Juliet sent me a PM and directed me here...

Am gonna miss the GD, as that was my 2nd home :P

Edited by cutehomoboi

Well I must be the only one who disagrees with you all. I totally fail to see what the temporary removal of GD will achieve.

A huge majority of the site membership have now been penalised because of the inappropriate actions of a few members and an unknown number of mods.

The majority of mods must know who the offenders are so why do we have to have our toys taken away too?

This whole business is totally unfair and now reeks of an admin cover up to justify the lack of timely action by the mods.

If those remaining mods feel they are unable to deal with undesirable posts, they should also stand down.

This situation is like being back in school again.

I had to clean my oven and was looking for a place to say Happy Birthday to kd5. Where can we do this now?

Here I guess....I had no idea, happy B'day keith. :) :beer:

with regards

Well I must be the only one who disagrees with you all. I totally fail to see what the temporary removal of GD will achieve.

A huge majority of the site membership have now been penalised because of the inappropriate actions of a few members and an unknown number of mods.

The majority of mods must know who the offenders are so why do we have to have our toys taken away too?

This whole business is totally unfair and now reeks of an admin cover up to justify the lack of timely action by the mods.

If those remaining mods feel they are unable to deal with undesirable posts, they should also stand down.

This situation is like being back in school again.

Very well said... :tup:

I didn't say that I agreed with admin removing the GD, as I am not happy about it myself. As you stated, why should all the other members suffer when they are not in the wrong.

It is not fair to the good members to suffer, because of the bad members silly comments and bickering.

Do my eyes decieve me? General Discussions closed? Banning known troublemakers? I honestly never thought it would happen, but I'm glad you guys finally woke up. It may have taken you almost 3 years to decide I was right, but at least you finally made a decision that might actually do this place some good.

I am curious, though... What took you so long? Why were these ideas repeatedly shot down when I suggested them?

Andrew S. and cutehomoboi.

You are both entitled to your opinions, however, i disagree that the Mods are not up to the job.

The current crop of Mods that you have are first and foremost here to help folks with pc problems, lately, a lot of our valuable time has been taken up with policing GD.

Unless either of you are Mods at another forum you will have no idea what goes on in the background to ensure the smooth running of the forums, GD in particular.

If either of you, or anyone else for that matter, are not happy with any of the current crop of Mods, then by all means get in touch with Dave or Chengrob and inform them of your misgivings.

If Dave and Chengrob don't think i'm doing my job properly, i'll happily step down and get back to helping out folks without the distractions that come with the position.

So, to conclude, the other eight Mods are a great bunch to work with and i back them up 100% in doing a thankless job.