Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

General Discussion Closed?

If there are problems let the mods deal with them as they have been.

it's attitudes like that one that got it closed to begin with

we haven't been 'dealing' with it at all..

then get new mods

just dont turn into nazis

it's attitudes like that one that got it closed to begin with

its like shutting a bar down because there was a fight, just make the bar higher more bouncers

Edited by one2gamble

its like shutting a bar down because there was a fight, just make the bar higher more bouncers

Or get a better clientel and dump out the trash

then get new mods

just dont turn into nazis

Your not getting it yet..but I have faith you will sooner or later.

then get new mods

There is only so much a staff can do. The fist fights in the bar were turning into shootouts.

Edited by lilbill08

There is only so much a staff can do. The fist fights in the bar were turning into shootouts.

That was a very good analogy :)

Reminds me of the movie Roadhouse....

Hey Volt... are playing the part of Patrick Swayze???

Reminds me of the movie Roadhouse....

Hey Volt... are playing the part of Patrick Swayze???

Nah...ain't no movie star...but do have a better feel for my ban button.

I think its kind of stupid because most of the people there go to the other forums and help people.  Its not as if thats the only place they post.

(Emphasis added by IG)

I disagree with that completely. Most of the people in GD rarely showup anywhere else.

im all over the place :) GD, U2U, O/C'ing, Score Discuss.... man, i feel dirty. :erm:

(Emphasis added by IG)

I disagree with that completely. Most of the people in GD rarely showup anywhere else.

I would amend that to read "most troublemakers" don't show up in any of our other forums...I'm very sure we have good members posting in our GD and even other computer help forums...its the minority of the folks who cause the problems in our GD.

Now MS googlebot can read all my posts :(.

None of the other forums are protected (except for a mod one, that I can't even see) so, its kind of like I'm losing privacy too.

Now MS googlebot can read all my posts :(.

None of the other forums are protected (except for a mod one, that I can't even see) so, its kind of like I'm losing privacy too.

:lol: Well if you can't see it..then the bots can't either..it all good...

I would amend that to read "most troublemakers" don't show up in any of our other forums...I'm very sure we have good members posting in our GD and even other computer help forums...its the minority of the folks who cause the problems in our GD.

Thank you volt.

That more accurately reflects what I was trying to say.

I think GD being gone might be a good thing actually, might get some sorry folks to leave and get a life away from trolling all day and help some country's economy (hopefully  ).

We'll miss you...

I like GD ...but life goes on..

Thank you volt.

That more accurately reflects what I was trying to say.

So should we make a quota that someone should spend time in forums other than GD, in order to post in GD? But then what about the people who aren't tech savy? Do they not deserve the right to chit chat?

What solution can we come up to filter the trouble makers, or potential troublemakers? Is that what you guys are doing?

Maybe we should have a GD where topics regarding religion, politics, and race can't be posted. And all users that have their topics locked can't complain about it, and if they do, they can only do it through PM to a mod? That stops the spam, but really creates hard feelings?

WHAT can we as members to do help?

Edited by DK64_MASTER

We'll miss you...

I like GD ...but life goes on..

I miss you too. :wub:

I already contribute to this country's economy in the tax I pay from my salary, NI deductions and my spending. ;) I also get paid quite well so I work for a few hours. ;)

edit: BTW I hope you get banned if GD reopens. :P

Edited by Intratech

We've removed GD temporarily before when people got out of hand. Disrespect for the forum rules and moderators got us there.

I've said it before, GD is the water cooler for this site. If you're ONLY hanging out at the water cooler then maybe this isn't the right place for you. There are plenty of other forums where you can hang out if your goal is exclusively to discuss heated topics rather than to help people with their computer problems.

:tup:

So should we make a quota that someone should spend time in forums other than GD, in order to post in GD?  But then what about the people who aren't tech savy?  Do they not deserve the right to chit chat?

What solution can we come up to filter the trouble makers, or potential troublemakers?  Is that what you guys are doing?

Maybe we should have a GD where topics regarding religion, politics, and race can't be posted.  And all users that have their topics locked can't complain about it, and if they do, they can only do it through PM to a mod?  That stops the spam, but really creates hard feelings?

WHAT can we as members to do help?

Nope..no need to bother..if its just chit chat your after then by all means chit n chat politely...

I think personally folks should visit all our forums and try to learn from those who understand things better tho,,then as they pick up on whats going on..spread the wealth with others.

Least thats the way I got it in my head it should work... :) vj

Well guys I remember when it (GD) wasn't there at all for awhile, it got messy just like this time and the Admin. pulled it. I salute the Mods and Admin for pulling it this time and for all they do! Not trying to kiss :filtered: here but just telling it the way I see it. When I first came here, this was first and foremost a computer help site. Hell, Volt couldn't hardly figure out his Win98, and me?....well I aint going there! If GD does make a reappearance I hope it gets back to what it was meant to be and that's the "water cooler"; "Hi, wassup today?"....."How's that new baby?"....that sort of thing.

My $.02 :mrgreen:

P.S. Sho' I figured it out! :woot:

Nope..no need to bother..if its just chit chat your after then by all means chit n chat politely...

I think personally folks should visit all our forums and try to learn from those who understand things better tho,,then as they pick up on whats going on..spread the wealth with others.

Least thats the way I got it in my head it should work... :) vj

:tup:

I learned so much about spyware, A/Vs, and viruses, and now I try my best to help. I've learned so much from the pit, in fact, it made an influence on what my major should be (Electrical Engineer and Computer Science). The pit made me enjoy computers, and learn how the inner workings of a computer makes the computer work.

Without the pit, I'd be stuck with a lot of crap on my computer, that I wouldn't even know what to do. I've troubleshooted COUNTLESS computers, and all with satisfactory results, and it's all thanks to the pit!

The top 5 things I've learned:

1. How everyone thinks in a unique way

2. Msconfig

3. Spybot, Adaware, Spywareblaster

4. How to build a computer/install RAM

5. [email protected]

Thanks for making the pit a wealth of learning, and sharing :)

yeah its like when i was told to stick my head in the ground and leave it there :mrsgreen:

i was extremely polite about it, i think we all can be, even the ones that cant can try

will control our tempers and have a good time on the sidelines.

i love this place, i even quit smoking here, thanks to kd5 and some members from gd

jacee helped me remove the worm of distruction today

its a heck of a place to get pc help and chat on the side lines.

i hope the trolls go away and it was like it was in 03

Hey we got many many great members here...and they help so many folks...

Its silly to let a few ruin it for everyone..were gonna try and correct all that.