Change Mode

got my 9800se back from rma today.

i think i got a pretty good one here:) i tried the puisher its plays real fast with no artfects and i tried need for speed underground 2 and it played real fast with everything on anti too at 1280x1024:) but when i was playing longer i started too see little black things not many tho and a fainted checkerboard that you cant see till you look harder. but too me it looks like its overheating like my first card whould do with the stock cooler. im gona try other games and see if it gives any problems. but so far it good. its much better than the last rma it was showing color dots everywere even on the desktop and you couldint even see playing games.

ya im useing the 5.7 softmod drivers. the ony problem im haveing with checkerboard is opengl. like in doom i ony see a faint checkerboard on the menu and i cant realy see it in game. will it hurt it too run like this? too me it looks like its overheating like my first one. than i put the artic cooling rev 3 on it and it went away. i might try it later with this car. i just wondering will it hurt it too run it like this? atitool doesint detected anything and RTHDRIBL tool is good too. and i dont see nothing wrong in aqa3.

Is that a Powercolor with red pcb? I have the powercolor 9800se with red pcb and L shaped memory layout, but no luck with perfect softmod, I get the checkerboard effect....I doubt it will hurt the card to run with those drivers, but I'm not 100% sure....try googling it and see if anyone else has asked that....

ok thanks. ya my card is a powercolor and red with l shape mem and black fan. and its a -c3 380core stock and 340mem stock and 256bit. the faint checkerboard doesint bother me becasue it cant be realy seen much its realy faint. if it doesint hurt it i just keep it. because i dont feel like rmaing it again and use my uncles 5200 again

:( and i another reason i dont want too rma it is i might get a worse one and it seems too play doom 3 better than my first one. i got it on high 4x anti and 1024x768 and no laging very smooth.

i just tried fear demo i had everything all most on with 2anti 4 and it was smooth :) i didint see a checkerboard i just see some white lines. i ony saw 2 of them then they went away :) it might be geting hot that could be the most problem. but im gona use the stock one and game with it some more hours and see if its good but so far its cool B)

i tried overclocking from 380core too 385 and i start seeing arts in atitool. so it looks like it geting hot like my first one. thats problee the problem with arts on doom 3 on the menu:) i just got too figure how too cool it. im try too avoild the artic cooler rev 3. becuause maybee thats what kill my first card im not shure.

i started up nfsu2 and touch the back of the card and i couldint keep my fingure on it for 5 too 10secs. i tried touching the heatsink that was hot too. whould that cause stuff like this? the faded checkerboard comes on ony in the headlights of the nfsu series and other game ony in lightes.

i just tried farcry it plays real good with everything on:) just one little problem in the water i see them little checkerd squars not alot but some. too make them go away i put the water settings on low and it was all good. but i think all i need too do is disable the z buffer or something like that. or it could be geting hot. but befor i put on my artic cooler rev 3. i want too try the z buffer off first but i cant get rage3d working. its just showing blank??

i tried the acrtic cooler rev 3 on it. its still the same but it runs much cooler. the problem im having is its like a checker board or squars on the headlights in need for speed underground 1 and 2. and im ony seeing them on farcry on the water butwhen i turn the water on low its fine. it realy doesint bother me and the card plays fine. so will it be ok too run it like this? and should i keep the artic cooler rev 3 on it instead of the stock fan?

Archived