Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimDirt

Optimizer Trial Version not working right?

Guest JimDirt

I tried the Optimizer trial version to see if it would do anything for my connection settings , so i ran it thru and it said what my MTU TCP Acks etc should be set to, i also have Dr.TCP , so i set the selected entries at those settings and did a Speed Test , i saw no change at all , so i ran the Optimizer again , and it said my settings were at default and NOT optimized, yet when i opened up Dr.TCP , it showed the settings i had entered earlier*note that i had re-booted after making the changes in Dr.TCP so the settings should have saved , and after checking Dr.TCP after the re-boot ,it had saved, so that is when i ran the second test to note any changes in speed , which i didnt find any change at all , good or bad , it was the same as before using the optimizer suggested settings*

So my questions are, Is the Optimizer NOT working?? OR is Dr.TCP not working?? and if so why not ???? ,and Why didnt i notice any changes at all in speed up or down ,if either or both are working properly????

My concern is if Optimizer is worth purchasing or not , as i didnt notice any change at all :huh:

I was not familiar with DrTCP until your note. I just looked at it using XP and we make the same changes to the same place in the registry. I made changes using Dr TCP and Optimize suggested changing them back. So I am not sure what you are seeing that makes you feel it is not working. If you want you can send us a note through the service page, we can look at your log file to see if Optimize is suggesting the correct changes. As for not seeing an increase in your internet, there are many factors in your internet connection speed and the settings that optimize changes on paper should increase the speed of your connect. It may not in every case because there may not be anything to gain. Most people see large gains in internet performance but not everyone has. As for worth the purchase question, optimize does some other registry changes that help increase the overall speed of your computer and cleans up errors in your registry & removes junk files on your hard drive. It is easy to use and fast. You would need to try it to really know if it was worth the money and if it is not you can always request a refund.

Keith