Sign in to follow this  
Guest NetKnockout

Optimizer - Warning Message - Settings Not Changed

Guest NetKnockout

Three Little Issues:

1.) When I run the Optimizer, on start up every time it says:

"Other applications have been installed or removed since the PC was booted. A reboot is required to finish their rename or delete operations. We recommend that you reboot your PC before running Optimize so that those file operations can be completed."

But I have rebooted several times and still I get that message.

2.) The first time I ran it, my internet connection was much faster, but now it is slowed down again and regardless of how many times I run Optimize, it doesn't change.

3.) Optimizer says that it changes my registry settings, but each time I run the scan it says that it needs to change two of the settings???

Any help would be greatly appreciated! - Nikki

What application(s) did you install recently? It could be possible you could get those Windows Installer deals that always tend to reinstall every time you want to access a program's certain features...

1.) When I run the Optimizer, on start up every time it says:

"Other applications have been installed or removed since the PC was booted. A reboot is required to finish their rename or delete operations. We recommend that you reboot your PC before running Optimize so that those file operations can be completed."

But I have rebooted several times and still I get that message.

Exactly the same thing is happening to me! When I click on and OK and DON'T reboot it goes through the motions OK and it does recognise what it did before and doesn't re-do them ....

I think it is a great product and although it could all be done manually, it is nice to have someone else do the work for you!!!

Just that inital screen is a bit daunting ...