Change Mode

changing cluster size too 4k on ntfs than lightes

gordesky1

when i was changing my cluster size on my 2nd computer too 4kbs on ntfs. the lightes went out from a thunder storm:( now it wont detect my hdd. it keeps says finding ide. is there anyway i could get my windows back runing? by the way i didint know theres a storm coming till my mom called from work. than the lightes blink off and on :(

i was useing partition magic 8.0 when the lightes went out :(

i dont think the bios is mess up. because it boots too the windows cdrom fine. i just want too get my windows back and my games if i can.

should i pop it in my main pc as a slave and try changeing the cluster size again?

The cmos tells it how to boot. Booting from the cd bypasses the cmos. Only take a few minutes to clear it and see.

Next step would be to run the repair option on the XP cd.

Ok. Go HERE and grab the ME OEM file. Put in a formatted floppy and open the file. Follow instructions to load it to floppy.

Take the floppy to the dead pc, and boot. At the a prompt, type fdisk /mbr

That should fix the master file is corupted error.

still didint work:( i even tried winxp recovery console and try fixboot and fix mbr it said it did both of them. but still showed that ide message. so im gess there ony one thing left format:(? when i do format can i get my stuff back with pc inspector?

Try doing a repair install first. If that doesn't work, you can also try taking the hard drive out, put it in another computer and see if you can at least save the stuff you want to save before reformatting.

good news befor i format i tried this software it free so far. its called recover my files :)

and i got my stuff back. i copyed the stuff too my main computer drive 100gbs of stuff mosty games. than im format and install windows than gona put it back in my main computer and copy the files back too it :)

but this software is realy good. pc inspector couldint even find all of it. it was all in pieces lol but recover my files is a keeper :wub:

Archived