Sign in to follow this  
r7yea

Winfixer 2005

Does anyone have any information on this site. The downloader/installer was allowed on my computer and now big problems with pop-ups and pages getting hi-jacked. I'm pretty good with hjt and can find no problems. Using, Spyware Doctor, Pest Patrol, Zone Alarm & AVG Pro. The file I need to find is C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.12\UWFX5LP_0001_0802NetInstaller.exe

but XP says its not a valid file so I can't get to it or find it. This is so bad that spyware doctor blocked 2 attempts at www.winfixer.com opening while I'm writing this. I sure don't want to do a clean install, any help would be appreciated.

Robert

If your getting hijacked then you need to run HijackThis! and post a logfile in the HijackThis forum for one of the analysts to go over. The Winfixer is not fixed with any anti-spyware apps currently, tho, some may claim to remove it.

Here is a link which describes removal of DPFs:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....4815#post284815

Winfixer also requires a special reg merge as well.

Good luck.

Winfixer also requires a special reg merge as well.

I would like the Reg information if you would be so kind.

Robert

The fix is only part of the equation, post a log either in the HijackThis! forums here or at another forum.