Change Mode

Pitstop Team Challenge Scores

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for a single card and intel...i think thats all im going to get stock :)

you sure thats stock ? ........... the Core speed of the 7800gtx shows to 275mhz about half of what it should be ....... something worth looking into :beer:

you sure thats stock ? ........... the Core speed of the 7800gtx shows to 275mhz about half of what it should be ....... something worth looking into :beer:

That might be the 2D speed. Most GPUs clock down when they are in 2D mode so they don't produce as much heat. They run at full speed or overclocked speed when they are in 3D mode.

The 2D speed for my card is 300 MHz, and the 3D is 475.

That might be the 2D speed. Most GPUs clock down when they are in 2D mode so they don't produce as much heat. They run at full speed or overclocked speed when they are in 3D mode.

The 2D speed for my card is 300 MHz, and the 3D is 475.

Why cant they just OVERCLOCK!!!..Like normal..

2D,3D..throttle...DAMN YOU NVIDIA!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

What happen to..crank it up and hope for the best :erm:

its been reading either 500 or 275...i dont think it likes reading the correct speed...

If you are using approved drivers then coolbits won't oc a 7800. Use Rivatuner to oc when using 77.72 drivers. :)

On a sadder note I either blew up my mobo or my 4600+. :unsure:

I don't feel like checking it out tonight as I am pyssed off. :angry:

you trying ati tools on your 9800 se?

Ya, stock 320/290(580) ran it at 376/347(694). I can push it farther, but will wait a little longer before I throw out my big score :mrgreen:

If you are using approved drivers then coolbits won't oc a 7800. Use Rivatuner to oc when using 77.72 drivers. :)

YIKES! :mrsgreen:

I did a little too much cooling and I think some moisture either got under the cpu heat spreader, or got into the cpu socket on the mobo. I am guessing the mobo. I'll check the cpu on another machine tomorrow. Right now the thing just beeps continuously.

And I had it running nice n stable over 3 ghz. :mrsgreen:

:(

Have an :oreo: & :beer:

hmmm...would have thought better for a GTX  :erm:

still a good score tho

do a project search and search for pentium D...and youll find i have the bext stock score :)

Sorry to hear about your computer Webbie :mrsgreen:

Edited by ctran503

I did a little too much cooling and I think some moisture either got under the cpu heat spreader, or got into the cpu socket on the mobo.    I am guessing the mobo.  I'll check the cpu on another machine tomorrow.  Right now the thing just beeps continuously.

And I had it running nice n stable over 3 ghz.    :mrsgreen:

i have a refrigerated case and i opened it like a big dummy :mrsgreen:

condensation got it, it shut down, it would start up but only for a few secs then turn off again, a house fan and hair dryer got it running again

goodluck hope ya get it working webby

everest reports the temps wrong, but i get 29F* with a temp probe

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/duanester/cold.jpg

Edited by duanester

I have had a fan high speed on it since I suspected the moisture. The good thing is the cpu works in another mobo so it is not a $800 cpu down the drain. That means I need to check the memory and the mobo and possibly one graphics card. :mrsgreen:

more than likely the mobo and it may work when it dries out.

Edited by Web Police