Change Mode

ive finally done it without killing anyone!

Angela

you make homemade bagels? :drool::drool:

think i could do that?

andrew, josh or haylee would never eat anything i cooked that i was trying to pass off as a dessert. they have both learned the hard way. :P

actually its not easy. If you havent conquered regular cooking, then this might be advanced.

takes about 3 hours start to finish to make a dozen bagels. Took me about 5 tries to get the recipe where I was happy with it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

takes about 3 hours start to finish to make a dozen bagels.

oh i dont have that kind of patience and i cant follow a recipie. i try to cut corners and substitute. im supposed to cook again tonight and i have no clue what im gonna make.

to me meal preperation is calling outback and going to get it and putting it on my own plates.

but i bet homemade bagels are yummy. i wish now when i was little and my grandma wanted to teach me how to cook i would have been interested instead of fixing my hair in the stove reflection. :rolleyes: same thing happened the year i played softball. ball came right to me and i had the glove off fixing a barette and looking for four leaf clovers.

have you ever made anything that was a total disaster?

oh i dont have that kind of patience and i cant follow a recipie.  i try to cut corners and substitute

cant substitute in making bagels.. cant cut corners... needs to rest a certain amount of time, needs to go in boiling water a certain amount of time. the yeast needs to be exact... Thats why this one is a bit advanced

have you ever made anything that was a total disaster?

Thats the only way you learn... Of course I have. I have also made stuff that was absolutely perfect according to my family and I could not reproduce it. What comes to mind is I made a gravy from scratch for a roast that was absolutely perfect a few years ago.. I have yet to be able to reproduce it.

Life is about mistakes and learning from them. even in the kitchen

i cooked an entire dinner by myself and it was edible! victory is mine! :rocks:

i made pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and marinara sauce, green beans, garlic bread and salads.

and everyone ate it without funny faces or saying "im just not that hungry"

im all domestic now!!!! awesome huh?

Congratulations!!! :drool:

:P

OMG, Angela, here is a nice Simple Recipie for ya, and that little Gal!

Two Slices of Bread, per Person, Toast them, Butter them, then cut into Fingers, spread them around a Plate to form the Petals of a Flower, one for each Serving.

Open a can of Baked Beans, Spoon some onto the Centre of each Serving. If you run out of Baked Beans, open another can.

This Recipie can be Modified so much, but will end up like the Picture!

Serve with any Beverage that you like!

ray0124ce.th.jpg

click on image

:oreo::oreo: :beer: :beer:

Dinner tonight.

Took Stew meat and sliced it about 1/4 inch thick. Marinated with a dry barbeque rub and cajon seasoning. Heated a wok with a little bit of oil on very high heat. Seared the meat for about 3 minutes. added teriyaki sauce, salt and pepper. waited another minute and took it off the flame.

Took out frozen veggies (thats all I had :( ) and used the same wok to cook them. When they were basically cooked through, I combined all ingredients for about another minute or 2.

Cooked white rice (instant) and dinner was served

Dinner

It was good! :P

Buzzard Billys? :blink: Sounds like a real redneck place. :P

nah, its awesome, my very favorite place to eat in all of lincoln. i dont get to go too often cause about two years ago i convinced my daughter to try alligator without telling her what it was. my roommate at the time told her as she was chewing her third piece and now she thinks thats all they serve. :(

located in the fabulous haymarket

hftmrock,

im highly impressed. looks delicious. sure your not interested in relocating? :P

tonight we ate at a friends house. fried chicken. was amazing. :tup: