AOL spyware protection

I run spybot, adaware and microsoft antispyware.I also have spywareblaster.I keep all of the programs up to date.The only program that finds anything is the AOL spyware protection.Is the AOl spyware protection that much better? Or has it got a lot of false positives in it.

The spy-ware protection from AOL is garbage. It eats resources and does nothing in return. I am an AOL customer, and I have disabled it without problems. Incidentally, the new version is being beta tested at the moment, and that is garbage too. As a beta tester, I've binned that one too.

The spy-ware protection from AOL is garbage. It eats resources and does nothing in return. I am an AOL customer, and I have disabled it without problems. Incidentally, the new version is being beta tested at the moment, and that is garbage too. As a beta tester, I've binned that one too.

LOL! I was checking my e mail and saw a new post blah blah blah, so I open it and I read the topic and the first words out of my mouth were:"it's garbage." Anyway, yeah it finds all sorts of stuff where as all the popular well trusted programs do not. Give me a break I even searched around for info on a couple (4 actually) objects for a couple hours(":bang:"). Normally I just say the heck with it , but I got so frustrated because the aol searches and such all said what the programs info panel says, also there were lots of dead links on their site. As a matter of fact I e mailed them two days ago saying basicaly WTH is going on with you guys over there, We'll see if they get back to me on this. Edited by rhamton

Gizzly the spyware protection for aol does find keyloggers that spybot and adaware dont find and microsoft anti spyware and if your finding a file after a scan still shows up it is in the restore points aol blocks the programs and removes them but it can not remove from the restore points if you turn off restore run the scans the fausle possitive will be gone then turn back on the restore. :)

my g/f has aol and seems to me everything about it is garbage, whats up with all the startup services it has, its the mose resource hungary bloatware ive ever seen, and that mcafee antivirus they have, if i remember its the old 4.0 version engine, aol mustve gotten quite a deal on that old thing

I only see one that is for anti-spyware protection, if you are talking about services for that program. if you are talking about the entire Aol program yes services is a long list it live scans incoming E-mail , has pop- up blocker, the new AOL is a security program, chat program, and has a long list of services something you most likely have to pay for or get through several programs to get what I get. if you know how to set up a computer it does not effect bandwith. :)