Sign in to follow this  
volt

End of the IRA ?

I believe every nation in the world has behaved like terrorists in some situations.

Yes I would call the slaughtering of peaceful demonstrators a terrorist act. (reffering to Bloody Sunday) Much like the terrorist acts that were carried out on US college students in the 60's here in the states.

Guest Hurdy

How so? :rofl3:

I have nothing to be uncomfortable about, or nothing to feel "guilty" about that would make me squirm.

Forget the smilies - they're for the babies.

Which two countries have you visited?

so why arent they freedom fighters?

To be considered heroes/freedom fighters/patriots, they would have to succeed in running off the British as we did. Until that time if it ever happens, they will be considered terrorists and "scum" just as our forefathers were in the 1700's

I fear a lot of people are unable or unwilling to do that

If they do it with the weapons ...then we're in with a chance

Really?

After the slanderous attacks on me and my views, perhaps you could explain how my not agreeing who the terrorists are in the situation violates anything.

I am not the one in this thread tossing around the insults, and personal attacks.

Check your rules again and read through the comments and remarks made.

I am doing nothing more then giving opinion on a political issue.

No sensored words, no personal attacks on anyone.

Yeah really...

Calling the Brits on this forum terrorist is wrong...it sure looked to me like you were setting out to ruffle some feathers..and you did...thats why I just told Hurdy to settle down and tried to let this thread move ahead..

Don't need to check no rules..I know wrong when I see it...and you sir...were wrong.

Guest Hurdy

To be considered heroes/freedom fighters/patriots, they would have to succeed in running off the British as we did. Until that time if it ever happens, they will be considered terrorists and "scum" just as our forefathers were in the 1700's

According to family folklore my maternal grandfather shared a cell with Eamon de Valera and Michael Collins once ran into my grandmother's house in Ormond Square, Dublin for refuge.

Pretty strong stuff - were the Provos supported in our household?

Not on your nelly.

It was people like you, drinking green beer on St Patrick's Day and throwing coins into the outstretched hands of terrorists that led to thirty odd years of violence.

If change is going to come it will be by the ballot box.

Edited by volt

You will have to show me where I was wrong. Nothing I did or said was wrong, against the rules........ as a matter of fact I was called a terrorist supporter/terroist "per se" I saw nothing regarding that or the numerous personal insults.

I do not see choosing one side of a political discussion as wrong. If everyone must agree with your political opinion to post in these threads then I would say it is you sir who is wrong.

Sorry if my opinion does not fall into the popular one, but it is mine and I reserve the right to express it. I have been niether rude or insulting.

Edited by Bruce

Guest Hurdy

Hurdy, either stop the personal attacks or find another thread to participate in.

What if somebody said they supported the 9/11 attacks on the US?

And I called them an idiot.

Would you be chastising me then?

You will have to show me where I was wrong. Nothing I did or said was wrong, against the rules........ as a matter of fact I was called a terrorist supporter/terroist "per se" I saw nothing regarding that or the numerous personal insults.

I do not see choosing one side of a political discussion as wrong. If everyone must agree with your political opinion to post in these threads then I would say it is you sir who is wrong.

Sorry if my opinion does not fall into the popular one, but it is mine and I reserve the right to express it. I have been niether rude or insulting.

Your baiting the British to a fight...would just as soon you find something else to entertain yourself with.

Football has very strong links... good way to disappear amongst thousands of people... get good graft... Celtic played a European match tonight and lost... Go on any of the websites, even the BBC sport forums, and you will see the kind of vitriolic bile spewed out.... by people who really believe it ,I may add...

Gang of 'gentleman' have just passed by my house shouting 'Up The Ra'... and singing the Soldiers Song.... again this is Scotland calling

edit: sp :blushing:

Edited by Devanski

I am not baiting anyone volt.

Go back through and with a "objective" view, you will see who has been baiting who.

They tossed out the bait, and they hooked me.

This thread is funny! Someone who post personal attacks on members is talking to someone about breaking forum rules! :lol::lol:

On topic: I'm keeping my mind open on this one, lets see how it works out.

Because of Pesbyterianism... as I said read the history ...Fertile land Ireland... handy....aint all about the past 50 years or so

edit: drink

Edited by Devanski

people say they support the terrorist actions against Iraqis and US workers/soldiers by Iraqis and foreign fighters because they are "freedom fighters" Im not drawing the distinction between the two, it seems blurry in my mind. I am glad we have a few Brits to help clear it up, now where is the other side? Edited by one2gamble

I'm still waiting on a headline

Posted Image

edit: Come on Volt ole buddy! you could have changed it to a link and save me having to find it again eh? ;)

Edited by Intratech

I am not baiting anyone volt.

Go back through and with a "objective" view, you will see who has been baiting who.

They tossed out the bait, and they hooked me.

Bruce I am being objective...this is a very important subject for the Brits and the Irish folks...not to mention the folks who really have to live in Northern Ireland...

We here in the USA have done our share of dirty deeds against folks all over the place too...but thats not what I'm a yakkin about here...

I have followed this conflict for many years and was hoping it was about over...you weren't a real big help.

And I called them an idiot.

Would you be chastising me then?

See..... using the word "idiot" to reply back to a person on this forum is insulting and called a personal attack.

I see your comment was edited out by volt.