Sign in to follow this  
volt

End of the IRA ?

They had support Hurdy, to deny that they did seems odd to me. Many saw it as a group fighting an occupying force (like many see the Iraqi situation). That may be uninformed and not my opinion but I have heard this argument many times.

Guest Hurdy

Scum.

Edit: Not just the IRA but the supporters herein.

You don't know the damage you caused by supporting this filth.

Oh, the fantasising about the 'Old Country' and the eternal struggle.

Get real, drug dealers and thugs - that's all they are.

Edited by Hurdy

Take it easy Hurdy...was looking for some feedback...not fallout.

The IRA and the British Paramilitaries both did lots of wrongs tho...seems like the time for healing has arrived..hope y'all do the right thing with it...

Somehow I feel like I should never have started this thread??

I guess that in the green misty eyed view of the US ignorant ... the protestants that live and die there in their home count for nowt !

I think the Italians should start fund raising in Europe for the Mafia ...and supply them with finance , explosives and weapons ...for they are an oppressed minority in the US ..look at what the US government has been doing to them in the last century ... Internment ...shooting them dead ..in cars ...stopping them going about their business ,and living the life that they want to live , like they did in the old country ...

We can hold St Mafia days

I guess that in the green misty eyed view of the US ignorant

you dont think they heald any support in the rest of the world......did someone say something about the blind leading the blind?

It is a start but we will have to wait and see what happens. I have Irish blood running through my veins (great grandfather) and although I sympathize with the IRA but do not condone nor support any of their terrorist actions. I hope they succeed in their struggles to reclaim Northern Ireland, but they do us a great disservice by killing innocent people. If they can negotiate an acceptable resolution then I can accept that, if another innocent citizen is injured then :filtered: the IRA.

what about the majority of the protestants that live there and dont want Irish rule ..what about their rights ...?

well by that reckoning the Indians should kick out all the immigrant descendants out of the US ...... Including you..... and the terrorist loving paddy wannabees

Edited by Tankus

They can leave "Ireland" and go to protestland

Well why the heck should they have to leave their homeland, giving into terrorism isn't the answer.

Until Prostestants and Catholics can learn to live in peace with each other I don't see an end to this ... think the people there should decide about home rule, there can be no winners or losers.

its kind of funny how the attitude shifts somewhat between Israel Ireland. The protestants should not give into terrorism, but the Jews should?

Who said that?

I am curious as to what moons opinion is on this situation.

You'll have to wait one2... he's on his hols for a month :)

but yeah, he was the only one I could think of with your original post... but I don't think he has said anything about anyone giving in to terrorism :)

well I cant say anyone here supports terrorism, just causes. I can think of a few more other than moon.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, insurgent blah, blah, blah... Am I getting close to where you're driving one2?

B)

Its just the same argument I hear many times on this forum, yet when I see it shift. Dont get me wrong some are consistent in their beliefs but I see some leanings in people that interest me.

B)

Its just the same argument I hear many times on this forum, yet when I see it shift. Dont get me wrong some are consistent in their beliefs but I see some leanings in people that interest me.

yep....

Israel government = UK

Palestinian s = catholics ....?

similar cause ...similar governments ....that what you mean ....?

is it...?

I'm slowly leaning to the right .... fairly aware my views are ...hardening .... Ive

gone past the stage of just contempt for Blair/Bush ...but its not yet pathological

Ive voted for Thatcher twice ...... ......so don't get too amused so quickly ...Angie

:tup: I would have...if I could have... :wub: