Change Mode

got my card back from rma:) but

i just got it back it new but it shows checkerboard boxs on the desktop and 3d stuff when i unlock the piplines:( i tried stock its too dam slow with ony 4piplines:( so i dont know what too do. my 9600xt is fasters. is there any settings i could try too make them go away? i am runing the stock cooler tho whould that cause this? my other broken card had the artic silenser 3 and it was fine even with the stock fan it was ony showing a alittle dots. you cant see anything with this card in a 3d game its all boxes:(

in case if you forgot what card it is its a powercolor 9800se c-3

gordesky1 how are the temps, my bfg6800gt does that at 70C*, i know, thats hot, but its oc'ed to the max on stock cooling with only arctic s.

yes heat will cause pixelation or blocks even on desktop, when gaming while oced the charictors change colors

the card doesint have a temp censor:( so i dont know the temp. but will it hurt if i try the artic on it?

if its silver be carefull you dont get any on other electronics :nuke:

silver is an awsome conductor, if your not sure get ceramic

will powercolor take it back and replace it with another one? because pcdirect said in a email when i first got the other card when i start seeing little dots not as much as this one but it was a cooling problem with that one. they said they will replace it with another one but they wanted 20$ back. will powercolor do it too?

i tried my artic cooler it still does the same:(

yep :) pcdirect said they cant because of the warranty was over. but powercolor said they full of #### you know :P and they sent out the first one but it wouldint softmod there was dots and lines on the desktop and games. than we called them and they said they will send us another one no problem. and they said we can keep doing it till we get a good one. so i hope this one comeing will do it this is pain in a :filtered::angry: i should of got a pro for 200$ when this se was 160$ and i whouldint have theses problems :(

when we said soft mod and said its not good for games and we paid 160$ for it they said they knew what we talking about and the 9800se-c3 cards are ment too do the softmod but he said theres a chance not geting one. but he said send it back and he will be glady send us another one and see if it softmod. if not he said we could send it back again for another one till we get a good one :) i dont think softmod whould kill your warranty because all im doing is softmoding them with drivers and they said it was fine. but when i get my next card im geting a powercolor one :)

and pcdirect said it right on the website when they sold the card the card will softmod. i just hope i get a good one this time :erm:

Archived