Change Mode

Police Shoot Man dead

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the police had not shot the man moon, and he did have a bomb and it went off and killed himself and the officer(s) and innocent people and destroyed property, etc

what would your setiments be today?

He'd blame Bush....

You reckon ? Someone deserves jail for a long time.

Can't put him in jail...he's dead already..

He'd blame Bush....

Can't put him in jail...he's dead already..

Those are the most interesting comments I've seen in a VERY long time. :blink:

Somebody's been taking notes from M. Moore on how to distort things. :lol:

Guest Hurdy

Part of that was uncalled for...sounds like the crap they preach at a some of the mosques there...good on ya.

Just trying to put across another point of view.

If the crap posted by Angela is read and interpretated by Islamic people to be the view of all Americans then they will think of America as the 'great Satan'.

Just trying to put across another point of view.

If the crap posted by Angela is read and interpretated by Islamic people to be the view of all Americans then they will think of America as the 'great Satan'.

Hey I hapeen to agree with of lot of things A posts...I may say them different but thats beside the point...we need to yak on a police killing here not what others might or might not say or think on other matters.

Sorry that this is long... there is sooo much here I disagree with. This is all my opinion and if you disagree , thats cool. But I am not even posting about the event. I am posting about what I am hearing in this thread.

Sorry, but even if it were a criminal unrelated to this there is a danger of an uproar....like the guy who snatched a purse yesterday. It would have been perfectly reasonable to drop him...

no it wouldnt. If its not reasonable to kill him before the London tradegy then its not ok after. That purse snatcher did not lose any rights because of this

The guy was jumpingover a toll gate evading police.....not innocent even if he wasn't a terrorist. Running from police in the aftermath of such a situation is begging for bullets.

so even if he wasnt a terrorist it was ok to kill him? I sooooo disagree

anybody who chooses to evade the police even for a moment right now stands a much higher chance of getting shot than normal. That should be understood.

so people just lost some rights because of this, huh?

Never ever trust a cop. They always lie.That's what they're trained to do.

sad commentary of our times. I always trusted a cop. always. still do.

fire and ask questions later when it comes to a situation like that

another sad commentary of our times. Good thing it wasnt you that was in that situation. I think if it was you, you would have wanted them to ask questions first

With that attitude the police become instant terrorists - spreading the fear of being shot because you look 'suspicious'.

:tup:

sigh. i never said based on appearance. i said acting suspicious. not just based on nationality.

you dont shoot first and ask questions later on 'acting suspicious'. you NEVER acted suspicious in a public place before?

got to shoot when someone fails to follow a direction,

you just threw the entire constitution out the window

he brought it upon himself either way. Sad yes, but come one now that like me running from police through an airport in the states, id be shot in a second.

he brought himself a whole load of trouble but not getting shot and killed. No you would not I hope

It's about dam time...

Quit playing pattycake with these terrorist.

Take um down.

They need to do this in Iraq...call out stop

if they don't stop..bury them

And if he wasnt a terrorist then the terrorists get what they want. widespread panic and cops shooting anybody suspicious

im sorry its come to that for the people of london, but i honestly dont see what other choice they have.

lots of choices if he did not have exposives.

It's a sad day when civilzed nations accept the fact that their police forces are "murdering people in cold blood".

Perfectly said

I hope that's the end of the 'shoot to kill' debate. The Israelis can take their 'Kratos' policy and shove it.

I think that policy states how to kill a suicide bomber and not an innocent person.

I guess everyone knows better now; don't run from the police.

I agree people should not run from the police but death by the police should not be the end result

Hmm... thinkin about this, I guess you guys feel the way about the police now that I've felt my whole life.

I am sorry you feel that way about police. I know things happen and people base there opinions from their experiences. I dont believe all cops would act this way. I believe it to be a VAST minority

They've always made me fear for my life. I get especially nervous when I see them with assault rifles at public places recently.

I wouldnt hang around the 33rd street station too long then :P

If you accept the fact that an unarmed innocent man can be shot dead by plain clothes policemen - then you're already living in a police state.

I agree!

when you run from the police is a city as on edge as london with a police force desperately trying to find the responsible parties and you fail to comply with a verbal directive to stop your gonna get popped.

sad... just sad

I'm sorry to hear that.

:lol: Hey I happen to agree with alot of things you post too....

I try hard to see both sides of a story..I just disagreed with a comment you made is all.

GREAT post hftmrock... APPLAUD THAT MAN!

LOL @ Hurdy, you're so messed up. :lol:

You're not going to go running in the 33rd street station are ya... I see those assault rifles and it makes me kinda nervous.

:lol:

You're not going to go running in the 33rd street station are ya... I see those assault rifles and it makes me kinda nervous.

Hell, I pop claritin and stuff my nostrils with cotton balls before I get near them cops. They look like a sneeze could set them off. :blink:

I was gunna quote you hftmrock but its way long .... ( sometimes thats a good thing when trying to get your point across )

:)

Very intense post but I have to say I agree, at first I was like good serves that guy right.... but after reading that as well as debating with my mother and reading all the other comments ... all I can say is wow. Excellent post and very well put. I think you have actually managed to change my opinion on this topic.

Good on ya ;)

I was gunna quote you hftmrock but its way long .... ( sometimes thats a good thing when trying to get your point across )

:)

Very intense post but I have to say I agree, at first I was like good serves that guy right.... but after reading that as well as debating with my mother and reading all the other comments ... all I can say is wow. Excellent post and very well put. I think you have actually managed to change my opinion on this topic.

Good on ya ;)

I am sure many will disagree and thats ok. we all come from different places and have strong feelings about things. Always keep an open mind and get as much knowledge that you can. changing minds shows that people are actually keeping an open mind. I have changed my mind on things. Always look to see if my opinion has flaws and the pit has shown me that some of my opinions were faulty.

Thanks nessa :blushing:

Police Kill man

It appears he was in no way related to the bombings so if that is true he was killed strictly because he ran from the police.

How many people in America would be dead now if they were killed because they ran from the police? :mrsgreen: (I cant speak for people in London)

How many people in America would be dead now if they were killed because they ran from the police?

Happens all the time.

He failed to respond to police commands in a situation that was clearly potentially deadly. The result is no surprise.

Happens all the time. 

He failed to respond to police commands in a situation that was clearly potentially deadly.  The result is no surprise.

Ok, lets take that and run with that. Lets say he had no weapon.

where was the potentially deadly situation except in the minds of the officers

and if I am not mistaken, they had him on the ground and THEN shot him

where was this potentially deadly situation you refer to

edit: and I dont think it happens all the time.

Edited by hftmrock

Ok, lets take that and run with that. Lets say he had no weapon.

where was the potentially deadly situation except in the minds of the officers

and if I am not mistaken, they had him on the ground and THEN shot him

where was this potentially deadly situation you refer to

edit: and I dont think it happens all the time.

In the minds of the officers? Of course! What else matters at the time? That is what they are trained for.

I have said that according to reports it presents the case in a bad light and that more information is needed. To say that they were automatically wrong is simply incorrect. Same as saying they were automatically right.

Simply put, if they believed the situation was deadly, they were right to shoot. If he was on the ground and they still felt that he was dangerous and could not sufficiently control him, then they were right to shoot. If they did not believe there was a danger, then it was an execution, they had no valid reason to shoot.

Whether or not any of that is true remains to be seen, yet people are passing judgement on it.

The fact is that the validity of the decision to shoot is purely based on what is in the officers mind and whether or not that was reasonable for him/her to be thinking.

Just to say that they had him on the ground does not necessarily mean that they could not have reason to shoot. We do not know in fact that he was subdued. I think we can assume that the reports that he was on the ground are true....but anything more is too much assumption I think.

We simply don't know what went on in that struggle in enough detail. It is entirely possible that shooting was justified. It is also possible that it was not.

I will repeat that I don't like how the eyewitness reports sound. They do make it sound like an execution. But I don't know how reliable or accurate the eyewitnesses are. I am sure they will be interviewed by the police as any police shooting should be investigated automatically. Calls for investigations are posturing and hot air, any police shooting should be investigated as a matter of course.

Everybody in London knows that the police are actively pursuing deadly suspects. Most people in the modern world by now do. Under any cuircumstances a suspect attemting to evade the police may get hurt or even killed while being subdued. If you fight back, your chances of either go up fast. Under the current circumstances anybody in London who does not take that very seriously is in particular hazard if they attempt to flee from or aggressively confront the police. Doing so would be a really dumb move and makes one a potential candidate for a Darwin Award.

(I cant speak for people in London)

Off hand ...I think its a first .....

there was some geezer who got shot for having a chair leg in a plastic bag and was brandishing it like a shot gun ...he would not put it down ...apparently he had mental problems ....... he's now dead ...think thats about it ...! ..

.Perhaps somebody may correct me ....if Im wrong

there was some geezer who got shot for having a chair leg in a plastic bag and was brandishing it like a shot gun ...he would not put it down ...apparently he had mental problems ....... he's now dead ...think thats about it ...! ..

Yes, the case was quite famous.

No wonder most London police are not allowed to carry guns. These idiots are obviously not competent enough to carry straws and spit balls, never mind weapons that shoot "real" bullets.