Change Mode

Police Shoot Man dead

So this was a coloured guy who thought he was about to get hammered by a bunch of white guys so he ducks into the tube looking for an official and there's no bustard there. Does that sound about right ?

Doesn't the report state that he was followed after leaving a property that the police had under surveillance?
  • Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a block of flats, firebomb, if even that is to be believed.

edit--im not sure what you mean moon, who deserves jail?

The murderers, angela. In the UK you can't kill people because they are foreign and wear coats.

Edited by moon

Suppose this guy had just arrived from Equatorial Africa ? Suppose he didn't speak English ?

I've had a gun pulled on me in a foreign country by the police. The last thing I would do, would be to run.

I was in Brazil, and my friends and I got pulled over by some machine gun packin' federal police. Of course I don't speak Brazilian Portugese, but one of my friends spoke spanish so he had at least some idea of what was going on. I think they were looking for drugs, searched us and let us go. :yikes: I think I was wearing a back-pack at the time, come to think of it :shifty:

The murderers, angela. In the UK you can't kill people because they are foreign and wear coats.

ok, i see what your saying.

if the police had not shot the man moon, and he did have a bomb and it went off and killed himself and the officer(s) and innocent people and destroyed property, etc

what would your setiments be today?

considering the sittuation, its not a great time to run from police, no one deserves to die for what ever reason, if it was a mistake lets hope the police can learn from it it, but till then i would remain indoors til things are sorted

with regards

Massoud Shadjareh, chairman of the Islamic Human Rights Commission, went further by calling for a full public inquiry.

He accused the police of using Israeli-style tactics against terror suspects

of course he did. :rolleyes:

Guest Hurdy

"How can you shoot someone on mere suspicion?" he said. "You can't even put someone in prison on suspicion, how can you kill them like that?"

Of course you can.

im admittedly unsure how things work over there, hurdy. here we have jail and we have prison, two different things totally.

you can go to jail on mere suspicion and they have a certain amount of time to charge you or let you go.

you only go to prison after you have been convicted in court and sentenced.

is it the same there?

when you run from the police is a city as on edge as london with a police force desperately trying to find the responsible parties and you fail to comply with a verbal directive to stop your gonna get popped.

if they killed an innocent man that is a tragedy. my heart goes out to his family and the officer who fired the fatal round.

but you cant fault the cops here.

yes you can blame them

I am working on posting my opinion on this.

Guest Hurdy

im admittedly unsure how things work over there, hurdy. here we have jail and we have prison, two different things totally.

you can go to jail on mere suspicion and they have a certain amount of time to charge you or let you go.

you only go to prison after you have been convicted in court and sentenced.

is it the same there?

Guantanamo Bay ring a bell?

Guantanamo Bay ring a bell?

gitmo is not a jail facility for american citizens hurdy. its not somewhere we can get sentenced to. however, jails and prisons do house american citizens.

ive obviously gotten confused, the quote from the article you posted i thought was in reference to the london police shooting, not anything to do with gitmo.

sorry

edit, the language on what we call things can be different between our countries and i was asking if prison was the same there as here, only after a trial and a conviction.

Edited by Angela

Well my dear ole dad's not a member here..but ask me to give his thoughts..lol

He thinks the guy may have been a decoy...a suicide by cop to inflame the islamic community and take some heat off the bombers yet to come...

Guest Hurdy

gitmo is not a jail facility for american citizens hurdy. its not somewhere we can get sentenced to. however, jails and prisons do house american citizens.

In this country we are all equal under the law.

If you're saying that there is a law for Americans and a law for foreigners then God help us.

You really are the great Satan.

Edited by Hurdy

im sure they stated they were police, like I said, darwin award candidate. Just imagine how this conversation would have taken place should they have decided not to shoot him and he did have and set off a bomb killing a few dozen people.

If you're saying that there is a law for Americans and a law for foreigners then God help us.

:yup:

He thinks the guy may have been a decoy...a suicide by cop to inflame the islamic community and take some heat off the bombers yet to come...

No fair, when I say conspiracy theories I'm called crazy. :mrsgreen:
Guest Hurdy

Well my dear ole dad's not a member here..but ask me to give his thoughts..lol

Maybe maybe not.

He could have been late for his train to work.

Listening to his ipod....

Maybe maybe not.

He could have been late for his train to work.

Listening to his ipod....

Both entirely possible.

:blank:

You really are the great Satan.

Part of that was uncalled for...sounds like the crap they preach at a some of the mosques there...good on ya.