Change Mode

Police Shoot Man dead

god drovers. its like being at the county jail trying to explain to people in detox what they are there for. wwwoooossshhhhh....... in one ear, out the other.

:grr:

:P

Guess there are two ways to Learn?

I am just a simple Aussie, Mate!

:beer: :beer:

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really care?

Just leave others alone that are trying to stomp out them IDIOTS?

The World really does care, Mate!

If I really care??? I think anyone else who sees what I type has the answer to that already so I wont have to answer that.

Leave others alone? When have I interfered? Or is my opinion interfering with anything? I can post my opinion on this forum without someone telling me to leave others alone right mate???

And about the world really cares... I absolutely know that. Not sure why you're telling it to me.

If I really care??? I think anyone else who sees what I type has the answer to that already so I wont have to answer that.

Leave others alone? When have I interfered? Or is my opinion interfering with anything? I can post my opinion on this forum without someone telling me to leave others alone right mate???

And about the world really cares... I absolutely know that. Not sure why you're telling it to me.

Thank God for the old English Bobbie, Mate!

My last Comment!

Thank God for the old English Bobbie, Mate!

My last Comment!

They certainly did a great job today capturing those suspects.

already said they did a #1 job!

agree with you there mate!

'All four' 21 July suspects held

Very excellent work by the Rozzers. These men, all identified as bomb suspects, were taken alive despite the comments by the Met. chief, Sir Ian Blair, that the 'shoot -to-kill' policy was the only way.

It's as if the cops have ignored orders from the top in the shadow of the terrible Menezes blunder. Good for them. That's the kind of compassion and efficiency I've come to expect from the British police, not the sub-human, illegal and, so far, disasterous activity generated by the 'Operation Kratos' s.t.k. policy and the short-sightedness of its supporters.

'All four' 21 July suspects held

Very excellent work by the Rozzers. These men, all identified as bomb suspects, were taken alive despite the comments by the Met. chief, Sir Ian Blair, that the 'shoot -to-kill' policy was the only way.

It's as if the cops have ignored orders from the top in the shadow of the terrible Menezes blunder. Good for them. That's the kind of compassion and efficiency I've come to expect from the British police, not the sub-human, illegal and, so far, disasterous activity generated by the 'Operation Kratos' s.t.k. policy and the short-sightedness of its supporters.

:cheers::rocks::tup:

Just a little tired :P

The shoot to kill policy still stands and is still much needed. It is only used when the officers involved believe it to be the best option at any given time. I don't recall seeing anything that says they will shoot anyone they believe to be a terrorist (as ypu seem to suggest is the case). Maybe you have a link? Perhaps a link to backup your ludicrous claim that the shooting was illegal might be a good idea too - not that you could prove such a silly claim :rolleyes:

Pay off the family and let's move on.

Edited by Sir T Fireball

thats almost mob like of you sir t. im impressed.

I just hate to see the anti establishment yahoos get us bogged down on one unfortunate error. They will happily slander the good name of a world renowned force for good (The British Police) in order to try score cheap points. Especially when they can slip a link to Israel into it too :rolleyes:

The whole argument that the officers are assassins etc is...well........FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION :P

Perhaps a link to backup your ludicrous claim that the shooting was illegal might be a good idea too - not that you could prove such a silly claim 

Pay off the family and let's move on.

Game on.

Perhaps you'd care to identify the legislation which, by parliamentary vote, sanctions the assassination of anybody within the U.K. Secret session was it ? Or is there some 'gentleman's agreement' that the production of stiffs on the London tube is loosely covered by the Transport Act.

Capital punishment is illegal in the U.K. That's after guilt has been proven and no matter how many victims there have been. Where's your authorization to kill on suspicion due to the possibility of victims ? No matter what sort of civic pomposity you care to associate with it, that's pre-emptive murder and it's simply not legal , old boy.

The policemen involved were the trigger-men for a bad policy and it's by the prosecution of those trigger-men that the authors of that policy can be identified and punished, whether they be ex-public schoolboys, hereditary twerps or even Israelis.

Vive Brazil. :)

Pay off the family and let's move on (down)

Edited by moon

Can't verify what you ask me to, as nobody was assassinated...keep flinging the mud matey, some might stick :rolleyes:

The police officers involved in the Stockwell shooting, in their efforts to protect the public, were prepared to come within touching distance of a man they believed to be a human bomb. That is courage of a very high order which, in other circumstances, would have merited a gallantry award. Please note the comments of a chap who is far more qualified on the matter than either you or I.

As the author of the 1990 internal report on which the present deployment and use of firearms by the Metropolitan Police Service is based, I suggest it is misleading to say that the service has adopted at some point a “shoot to kill” policy. The possibility that death will result is inherent in any use of firearms by police officers in the course of their duties. There is not, and can never be, a “shoot not to kill” policy.

Police commanders do not set the pace in the use of deadly force by their officers. They would, however, rightly be regarded as negligent in the extreme if they did not review and amend the training and guidance in the light of changes in the criminal use of deadly weapons.

At the same time, chief police officers can never relieve individual officers of their responsibility in law to judge what action is reasonable, appropriate and justified in the circumstances they face. What those officers can, and must, be allowed is the benefit of every and any doubt about such decisions.

LAWRENCE T. ROACH

(Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Metropolitan Police, 1990-96)

Borehamwood, Hertfordshire

and from the BBC...

The police deployment of firearms is governed by a manual published by the Association of Police Officers, last revised in February 2005.

It is not true to say that police officers must identify themselves or shout a warning when confronting a suspect believed to pose a grave and imminent threat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4708373.stm

We then entered the 'so called' golden era of Policing with the character 'Dixon of Dock Green' after the 1950's film, 'The Blue Lamp'. People often refer to this as the good old days of the British Police service. This image never actually existed, but can you remember what happened to PC George Dixon? No, he didn't retire happily. He uttered the words, "Now don't be silly son, give me the gun". Then he was shot dead.

:rolleyes:

http://www.met.police.uk/so19/history.htm

Assassins are usually quite a clandestine bunch...fancy them having their very own website as well as government funding :woot:

Your quotes are meaningless as the Met. Police head is on record as saying that the 'shoot-to-kill' policy will not be rescinded. It might not be 'official' but it exists and if it is 'official' then it is still at odds with the law governing punishment for crime in the U.K.

Clearly, any unofficial s.t.k. policy is murder under the guise of peacekeeping. Murder sanctioned by the State is assassination.

Changing the terminology to 'shoot-to-protect' won't make any difference to the underpinning immorality of the policy.

Edited by moon

Your quotes are meaningless as the Met. Police head is on record as saying that the 'shoot-to-kill' policy will not be rescinded.  It might not be 'official' but it exists and if it is 'official' then it is still at odds with the law governing punishment for crime in the U.K.

Clearly, any unofficial s.t.k. policy is murder under the guise of peacekeeping.  Murder sanctioned by the State is assassination.

There is NO 'shoot to kill' policy.That is a term created by the media and now often mis-used by us all. Even by the Met Police it seems :rolleyes:

This is a tragedy," Commissioner Blair said of the shooting. "The Metropolitan Police accepts full responsibility for this. To the family I can only express my deep regrets."

He defended the officers' shooting to kill, saying such action only applied when lives were believed to be at risk.

"I am very aware that minority communities are talking about a shoot to kill policy; it's only a shoot to kill in order to protect policy," he said.

http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/7/24/100909.shtml

TL, would you advocate disarming all the police in America because of such a mistake? The police and government have apologised to his family....what else can they do for them?

Edited by Sir T Fireball

it's only a shoot to kill in order to protect policy," he said.

I see. He's defending a policy which doesn't exist.

And what are the parameters of this non-existent policy ? If it's unofficial there are no legal codes in place. Any armed government employee is free to shoot and kill anybody that crosses them according to the unofficial rules as they understand them That's a policy for murder.

Oh yes, we've already had one.

The police and government have apologised to his family....what else can they do for them?

Justice. Officers on trial, policy makers exposed, policy rescinded. You must have missed that earlier.

Edited by moon

I see. He's defending a policy which doesn't exist.

And what are the parameters of this non-existent policy ?  If it's unofficial there are no legal codes in place.  Any armed government employee is free to shoot and kill anybody that crosses them according to the unofficial rules as they understand them  That's a policy for murder.

Oh yes, we've already had one.

He is defending the rights of his officers to use firearms in order to protect the public. What you are asking for is perfection.....a police force that does not make mistakes.....absolute BS and you know it cobber!

Justice. Officers on trial, policy makers exposed, policy rescinded. You must have missed that earlier.

On trial for what? I missed it about as much as you missed me comparing this to 'friendly fire' during war. If you and your type had your way, half the Western armies (ok, mostly American :P ) would be doing 25 year stretches for assassination :rolleyes: Edited by Sir T Fireball

TL, would you advocate disarming all the police in America because of such a mistake?  The police and government have apologised to his family....what else can they do for them?

I would suggest the ones responsible for shooting an innocent man 8 times to lose their badge or any right to any type of police enforcement again. Some jail time wouldn't hurt either. If I shot a man 8 times in the head who had done me no harm I would be in prison would I not?

The line starts to be murky in when its ok for police to kill innocent people and the terrorists are doing exactly the same thing? I am beginning to wonder how they differ. :blank:

Edited by TracyLynn

He is defending the rights of his officers to use firearms in order to protect the public.

No he isn't. He's covering his own :filtered:. He's dictating the policy to those officers.

They would much rather be using a loud hailer from the safety of the canteen, I'm sure.

Ahh I don't know moon...god forbid I think I'll agree with Sir T on this one...

From all I'v read on them..the London police seem a respectable lot...firm and sometimes grumpy...but well respected by most.

I wasn't there and neither were you so I got know idea what was going through the officer who pulled the trigger there's head..would really like to hear his side tho...

Y'all are going through some very scary times there...mistakes will be made...and I hope they get it all sorted soon....

The line starts to be murky in when its ok for police to kill innocent people and the terrorists are doing exactly the same thing? I am beginning to wonder how they differ. :blank:

Tracy,

I've avoided posting in these threads so far but I have to point out that at the time police officers fired they were unaware that Menezes was an "innocent" person.

As for the officers facing jail time there is already an ongoing case were SO19 (armed) officers are looking at being prosecuted for shooting a man they believed were armed (he was actually carrying a table leg). Another armed officers have threatened to lay down their arms in support if charges are brought against them. If all armed officers refused to carry guns then this would leave London defenseless.

Contrary to popular belief our yellow hi-viz jackets are not bomb proof and with only a small amount of officers actually trained to carry guns the pressure on them at the moment is immense.

Give me hindsight and I will gladly carry a firearm.

:bobby: