Change Mode

Police Shoot Man dead

Secretary-General Kofi Anan's recent statements on Racial Profiling

Link

:P

You really do know that this Thread is about the London Bombings?

How the UK is handling it?

Wake up!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but we just needed that!

:beer: :beer: have a :oreo: as well.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really do know that this Thread is about the London Bombings?

How the UK is handling it?

Wake up!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but we just needed that!

:beer:  :beer: have a  :oreo:  as well.

Yes I know. Thats why I posted it.

Are you saying Kofi is not awake?

Edit: Actually its about the London Police killing an innocent man which Kofi was speaking about when he said what was in my link.

Edited by hftmrock

Guess if they were doing it in America? They would be treated differently?

Since I dont understand the 'it' that you refer to... I will not comment

Come on, Mate!

I have listened to your opinion and have not said anything like 'Come on, Mate'. I appreciate the same respect for my views

Sorry, IDIOTS like that get the same Treatment from ALL COUNTRIES!

:beer:  :beer:

Which idiots do you refer? we have talked about a wide spectrum here

Was

Menezes an Idiot (The thread is supposed to be about him)?

The people who were just arrested today?

Terrorists in general?

I dont want to misunderstand

Edited by hftmrock

Respect went out the window with human rights.

If one of the USA Railways was subjected to, the same as London? Your Police acted the same?

You will still say what you do??

Come on? The World wants to stop these IDIOTS, that is all they really are, They Fight for NOTHING, except the Hope that they MIGHT get a few Virgins, if they are Real Lucky, Mate! The World is United to make sure they fail, then go to where they belong!

:beer: :beer:

If one of the USA Railways was subjected to, the same as London? Your Police acted the same?

You will still say what you do??

Come on? The World wants to stop these IDIOTS, that is all they really are, They Fight for NOTHING, except the Hope that they MIGHT get a few Virgins, if they are Real Lucky, Mate! The World is United to make sure they fail, then go to where they belong!

Not sure what you are trying to say.

I saw both twin towers fall. saw the people covered in ash. Lent many of them my cell phone. Not sure what you are trying to say but we have had a terrorist attack on our soil. Maybe not a railway but to me at least the same thing. almost 2000 died. But I dont recall police shooting anybody because they ran or for their race.

Not sure what you are trying to say.

I saw both twin towers fall. saw the people covered in ash. Lent many of them my cell phone. Not sure what you are trying to say but we have had a terrorist attack on our soil. Maybe not a railway but to me at least the same thing. almost 2000 died. But I dont recall police shooting anybody because they ran or for their race.

What he said (the sentiment). Edited by Neo X1

Mate,

that was 5 years ago? almost?

Meantime the World just got on, after mourning your loss.

Now, It is 2005!

We want to Kill them IDIOTS!

They killed too many of ours!

We are gunna get them!

Mate,

that was 5 years ago? almost?

Meantime the World just got on, after mourning your loss.

Now, It is 2005!

We want to Kill them IDIOTS!

They killed too many of ours!

We are gunna get them!

:beer:  :beer:

5 years doesnt make it any less painful.

good luck getting them and I hope you're not looked at too suspiciously.

Edit: and its almost 4 years not 5

Edited by hftmrock

Why would, I, of all people, think it was right? You must have seen my other posts in this thread. :lol:

Well I really wanted it to get back to the PC thing because in a few instinces in the US the race of a given person was left out of the description asking for help in locating an individual.

Can all raced commit acts of terror, yes they can and they DO. I am not sure this is reason enough not profile a little bit, the line though is very thin and hard to walk. We profile all other things, clothing, speech, actions and none are so touchy as racial profiling, and rightly so BUT if one race is more likely to commit a certain act then is really responsible not to profile as long as it doesnt blind you to the potential of others commiting that same act, such as Israel was with female suicide bombers.

5 years doesnt make it any less painful.

no it does not, it almost brings me to tears whenever I see a replay of that action

Edited by one2gamble

Well I really wanted it to get back to the PC thing because in a few instinces in the US the race of a given person was left out of the description asking for help in locating an individual.

Can all raced commit acts of terror, yes they can and they DO. I am not sure this is reason enough not profile a little bit, the line though is very thin and hard to walk. We profile all other things, clothing, speech, actions and none are so touchy as racial profiling, and rightly so BUT if one race is more likely to commit a certain act then is really responsible not to profile as long as it doesnt blind you to the potential of others commiting that same act, such as Israel was with female suicide bombers.

Have you ever experienced the results of racial profiling before? :huh:

I have, that :filtered: is downright infuriating and leaves you feeling violated. It just ain't right.

no it does not, it almost brings me to tears whenever I see a replay of that action

I cant really watch it. Saw it live. Sow the whole thing. Saw the people covered in ash and injured. High school kids trying to get in touch with their parents in tears, no money for food or drink and no way to get any. I spent time with lots of people that day and its was a difficult day for me

like I said its a thin line, I dont think they should be stopping people and harrassing them but if they notice a certain "group" of people acting weird they may want to watch them for a couple days to see whats up.

like I said its a thin line, I dont think they should be stopping people and harrassing them but if they notice a certain "group" of people acting weird they may want to watch them for a couple days to see whats up.

Yea.. well... it doesn't quite work out that way in practice. My experiences with racial profiling have resulted in my member title being what it is.

but I think it could with proper training, and I dont blame your sentiments about it, the idea though should be discussed openly and not thrown out immediately without considering the potential good aspects of it while weighting the potential negatives.

I cant really watch it. Saw it live. Sow the whole thing. Saw the people covered in ash and injured. High school kids trying to get in touch with their parents in tears, no money for food or drink and no way to get any. I spent time with lots of people that day and its was a difficult day for me

If you really care?

Just leave others alone that are trying to stomp out them IDIOTS?

The World really does care, Mate!

but I think it could with proper training, and I dont blame your sentiments about it, the idea though should be discussed openly and not thrown out immediately without considering the potential good aspects of it while weighting the potential negatives.

As far as I see it, it has no good aspects, just results in alienating people and openly promoting racism and prejudice as a legitimate practices.

I'll leave that to the KKK and Nazis.

Edited by Neo X1

As far as I see it, it has no good aspects, just results in alienating people and openly promoting racism and prejudice as a legitimate practices.

I'll leave that to the KKK and Nazis.

God!!

When can you come out from under that Stupid Blanket, Mate?

The World needs people that think to beat the IDIOTS!

Noone is interested in KKK or any of the rest, lift your Game, become someone?

God!!

i cant watch either. the mix of emotions is overwhelming and almost traumatizing for me.

God!!

drovers, with all do respect. who do you think you are to talk to him like that or diminish the 9/11 attacks as history that we should all be over by now. dont try to backpeddle your way out of it either, thats exactly what you did and meant to do. im very interested in ANYTHING neo has to say on this forum and i dont need you to speak for me by telling him we arent interested cause a lot of us are.

we all want terrorism to stop and how to get the job done is what we cant agree on.

but your insensative and offensive references to 9/11 and the thoughts of another member here arent needed. contribute without malice or move on. please.

Maybe I really am a Crazy Aussie?

My little Dog in my Avatar, last night was so sick, she actually bared her teeth at me. I have had her since she was a Pup, she is well Trained. Both my Tiger and I were really worried about her. Tonight, she is fine!

That is what the Terrorist work on? Insucurity, particularly about your Loved Ones?

We just got to stomp them out!