Change Mode

Police Shoot Man dead

I agree with most of what you said but since its back on topic, I think the place that gave the order was wrong and I thing the policy is wrong. Not the police that as just following orders and trying to save lives

I don't think it's as simple as that. I doubt that they can be ordered to shoot someone by a voice over the radio. I think the guys with the gun get to make the final decision. I would also still question your definition of the term 'neutralise'. I don't believe it means 'kill'. It's more than likely meant to remove him as a threat. If they could do that with minimum force, they wold have, but the circumstances as they saw them didn't allow for that.

This was an unfortunate mistake that cost poor Mr Menezes his life. I hope there aren't too many more tragedies like it before this is over, but I have a feeling there might be. :mrsgreen:

Perhaps you took some time out to lookup the meaning of the word STOP

:P Edited by Sir T Fireball
  • Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's as simple as that. I doubt that they can be ordered to shoot someone by a voice over the radio. I think the guys with the gun get to make the final decision. I would also still question your definition of the term 'neutralise'. I don't believe it means 'kill'. It's more than likely meant to remove him as a threat. If they could do that with minimum force, they wold have, but the circumstances as they saw them didn't allow for that.

This was an unfortunate mistake that cost poor Mr Menezes his life. I hope there aren't too many more tragedies like it before this is over, but I have a feeling there might be. :mrsgreen:

:P

I understand where you are coming from because you present it in a clear way Sir T. I do however disagree with 'it didnt allow any other way.'

But I do see where you are coming from. Glad your posting to clearly show the other side.

:beer:

agree to disagree :tup:

quitter!  dont give into him!  no!

I will listen to Sir T :ok:

Edited by hftmrock

oh my god. medic!!!!!!! we need a medic!!!!!!!!!!!! and a shrink.

beep, beep, beep...

hello 911? yes, there is a perfectly reasonable man who has been mind abducted by Sir T. what do you mean there is nothing you can do? hello? hello?????

hello 911? yes, there is a perfectly reasonable man who has been mind abducted by Sir T. what do you mean there is nothing you can do? hello? hello?????

*pops back in for a bit of randomness*

My friend popped his knee out of place during a game of football... we called 911 and they put us on hold... :blink::mrsgreen:

...the jokes are true. :(

*pops back in for a bit of randomness*

My friend popped his knee out of place during a game of football... we called 911 and they put us on hold... :blink::mrsgreen:

...the jokes are true. :(

thats insanity. that could cost people lives. :grr:

Why don't you two, Sir T and hft, hold me down while Andrew unloads on me 41 times, then?

note: this post is only half serious. :P:blank:

Edited by Neo X1

41 times?

I don't get the 41 times. Its gone right over the top. I'm from Oz take it a bit slower please.

An unarmed man reaching for his wallet was shot at 41 times by plainclothed officers a while back. He was struck 19 times and some bullets even entered him from the bottom of his foot, showing that he was shot even after he was laying on the ground.

An unarmed man reaching for his wallet was shot at 41 times by plainclothed officers a while back. He was struck 19 times and some bullets even entered him from the bottom of his foot, showing that he was shot even after he was laying on the ground.

I remember that NEO.... I know there was alot of flack for that... do you know if the police got fired for that?

I remember that NEO.... I know there was alot of flack for that... do you know if the police got fired for that?

I will answer that with this cartoon.

Posted Image

41 Times, wow. What did he do to deserve that?

Did he play cricket for England?

same thing as in the London case. He did nothing to deserve that.

reached for his wallet. I believe he did not understand the language.

There are similarities to this case.

Sorry Angela, Australian sense of humour.

its ok andrew, i just get incredibly crabby at anything that makes the worlds greatest police force look bad. few bad apples can spoil the whole damn bunch and often do.

:(

Well we wont comment on this Seattle courthouse shooting will we? Because like your posting it is also completely irrelevant.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/229265_shooting20ww.html

Seems to be quite different circumstances, then someone dressed in unseasonal clothing. ;)

Seattle police officers today shot and killed a man armed with a hand grenade and a living will in the lobby of the federal courthouse at Seventh Avenue and Stewart Street.

The grenade "looked like a real WWII grenade," he said.

Police were called to the courthouse before noon and found the 50-year-old man, who "often frequents the courthouse" and has issues with the government, dressed in camouflage and holding a grenade.

After trying to talk the man into surrendering and after he made a movement, officers fired twice, and the man collapsed with the grenade in his hand, authorities said.