Change Mode

Police Shoot Man dead

Rebel=UK=

:P

Maybe that explains something?

Most Countries they do, given, not normally fatal!

If they Run, they are Guilty of something!

Unfortunately the Training of the Police Officers do not cover ALL scenerioes so they can only react as best they can in each sitituation!

:beer: :beer:

so if they are guilty of something, they deserve to be shot? In our country a person is innocent until proven guilty. Running does not prove guilt

if it was.... OJ would be guilty :lol:

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i can't understand is, if you are innocent why run away from the police? maybe he was a decoy or summin, or trying to prove a point.

or maybe he didnt know it was the police. there is no evidence except the police words that they announced who they were. Might never know the truth but this person at the moment does not appear to have any criminal history

they were plainclothed police

Edited by hftmrock

I dont know how its done in the UK but over hear I have yet to not hear a police officer declare himself plain clothes or not.

It is highly likely that many in the area didnt hear them...would you? People yell all the time and if i am not paying attention to them I dont "hear what they say" simply because I dont care.

A few articles have stated they put hats on that said police, if they were going to go through that much trouble you would assume they would be saying that they were police. Secondly, I know this happened fast but if they didnt declare themselves police why did nobody call or seak out police for help. I mean, people running through the train station with guns two weeks after a terrorist attack and nobody thinks it odd?

in america if someone runs away from an officer, do they open fire?

That all depends.

Generally not, but if the person poses a greater threat by getting away, then yes, they may open fire.

If you are wanted and known to be dangerous...like say a terrorist bomber...then you can pretty much count on bing shot at if you don't comply with them.

But they will identify themselves.

I could picture it like this: Some US cops...lets say FBI...are searching for a terrorist bomber. They have a tail on a guy who they think is in on it. They are known to want to bomb subways. They follow the guy around and suddenly he starts to approach the entrance to a subway. He has a big coat on, so he could have a bomb. I can see them jumping out, yelling FBI....stop where you are....or similar... If the guy took off into the subway, and jumped a toll gate on the way in, yes, I can see them shooting the guy at their earliest chance. If the guy were on the ground but not subdued, not giving up, even for just a second....yes, I can see them opening fire to stop him. Would they use a stun gun? Certainly not with the possibility of a bomb. Would they use mace? Against a bomb? No.

In fact, in those circumstances I would likely be compelled to pull the trigger myself.

OH...thought they were police dressed in uniform, i reckon he might of been an asylumseeker/trying to run away from his country, perhaps he had some people looking for him and he thought they were part of them?

rumor has it he was robbed in that area prior to this.

or maybe he didnt know it was the police. there is no evidence except the police words that they announced who they were. Might never know the truth but this person at the moment does not appear to have any criminal history

they were plainclothed police

It could also be because he is from Brazil.....where police corruption is common and police brutality is common.

There are places in the world where I would run from the police even if I were innocent. In fact I have.

It might not be such a strange reaction for a young man from Brazil.

I dont know how its done in the UK but over hear I have yet to not hear a police officer declare himself plain clothes or not.

It is highly likely that many in the area didnt hear them...would you? People yell all the time and if i am not paying attention to them I dont "hear what they say" simply because I dont care.

A few articles have stated they put hats on that said police, if they were going to go through that much trouble you would assume they would be saying that they were police. Secondly, I know this happened fast but if they didnt declare themselves police why did nobody call or seak out police for help. I mean, people running through the train station with guns two weeks after a terrorist attack and nobody thinks it odd?

so if the witnesses didnt hear the police, its reasonable to assume Mendez 'might' not have heard it either

It could also be because he is from Brazil.....where police corruption is common and police brutality is common.

There are places in the world where I would run from the police even if I were innocent. In fact I have.

It might not be such a strange reaction for a young man from Brazil.

ok....

So then if for the sake of argument what you just wrote is what happened. Did he deserve to die just for running? Could have been many reason why he ran. That is the exact reason why running from the police should not get you killed

so if the witnesses didnt hear the police, its reasonable to assume Mendez 'might' not have heard it either

Possible, but I don't know that is makes it more likely. If they presented themselves to him with their guns drawn, he is focused on them while the other bystanders are focused elasewhere. They could easily not hear what he does simply because of where his and their focus is respectively.

I don't think we have heard how closely the approached him before he ran have we?

Has anybody heard anything about that?

ok....

So then if for the sake of argument what you just wrote is what happened. Did he deserve to die just for running? Could have been many reason why he ran. That is the exact reason why running from the police should not get you killed

That's backwards. It isn't a matter of whether he deserves to die, it is a matter of whether they were right to shoot, and they very well may have been.

Who ever deserves to die that has not been convicted of a capital offense? Whether in war or any circumstance? I have trouble with the whole concept being advanced. Why would one even bother to ask if he deserved to die?

If he had a bomb and intended to use it, does he deserve to die without any trial or anything? No, nobody "deserves" it.

Of course, some people certainly need killin'. But that's a different matter.

Edited by Chopdoc

That's backwards. It isn't a matter of whether he deserves to die, it is a matter of whether they were right to shoot, and they very well may have been.

as I have said, I dont think running from the police is a good enough reason to jump on top of him and shoot him 5 times in the head

you cant really make this about the right to fire chop. i dont know the uk gun laws, but in this country the second amendment makes it ok for every citizen to fire, now your gonna pay consequences if you do so wrongly, but debating the right to fire a weapon away from any police force is just stupid as hell. of course they have the right to fire.

or did i misunderstand what you were saying?

Edited by Angela