Change Mode

spilting up a 250gb or keep it hole?

gordesky1

Keep in mind that if certain viruses get inside and dice up your MBR, it won't matter if your drive is partitioned or not, you may loose data so still make sure you back up your data on CD/DVD's or you will learn the hard way like I did with partitions. You'd be better off with 2 hard drives if anything, than you can at least reinstall Windows on one drive to save the other if it really gets messy.

You can put XP on 15 gig with room to spare, and still have a decent defrag time, then you can split up the rest for how you want to use your pc, for video, maybe 50 gig, music, 30 gig? file storage 10 gig? and different partitions for different things, like photo's. if you don't have a second drive, make the "D" drive for your swap file, about 2 gigs

how much space do you guys really use on your drives? other than videos i cant really see in even wanting that much space, with all my games,backups etc, i use about 25, maybe 50 if i installed every game i own

i want one of those flash hard drives or whatever its called that has no moving parts and speeds of .48ms, once they have a sata version i'm gettn one

I wished i had 250Gigs...

All i have is a 37Gig, and i got 1 gig left..

I have the complete MAME rom set....a couple movies..Kill Bill 1/2, punisher and seed of chucky...DBZ GT movie...

A couple anime series..

Tenchi Muyo GPX complete series

Ahh My Goddess Complete series..

2 or 3 of Naruto and Bleach, then i have some music..bout 1 gig...

*sigh*

I could sure use a 250 giger...:(

I'm not as bad as gordesky but I have over 100g of games and all those games are at least played once a month I uninstall games that I haven't touched for a few months, at a fresh install where I put everything I got on I can get close to 200g so if your a big gamer and dler you can fill up your 250g :}

Archived