Change Mode

Gay Couple's Adopting

nessa

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've realized that I don't care if the couple are homosexual and they have children. My only concern is that children will be forced to be adopted by homosexual parents. Does the child have a say? I'm sure some kids would not be ok with the idea. Just throwing that out there.

Ok, I've realized that I don't care if the couple are homosexual and they have children.  My only concern is that children will be forced to be adopted by homosexual parents.  Does the child have a say?  I'm sure some kids would not be ok with the idea.  Just throwing that out there.

I think I'd feel bad for any couple that would end up with such an ungrateful child. :blink:

Not to mention the difficulty in raising a child that doesn't respect you because of something like that.

Maybe they should have a say - for the couple's sake. :lol:

Edited by Neo X1

Can't they just adopt each other and let it go at that???

Sorry, in a world where bad parenting is blamed for so much stuff---a few good parents are needed very much----orientation is not an obstacle to good level headed parenting!!

:blank::blank::blank:

Ok, I've realized that I don't care if the couple are homosexual and they have children. My only concern is that children will be forced to be adopted by homosexual parents. Does the child have a say? I'm sure some kids would not be ok with the idea. Just throwing that out there.

why would you be concerned about that? that's kind of narrow minded.. like you're assuming that the child would have a problem with it.. they prob wouldn't even know (if they are adopted at a very young age)

not trying to be rude, i was just wondering..

anyway, I was adopted and i'm very happy about it, and have had a great life.

my younger sister (27) is gay, and i would be thrilled if she adopted a child, I don't think there is anything wrong about a gay couple having a child.. it's not even an issue.

Love is Love it doesn't matter who it comes from.

I worded it wrong. *foot in mouth*

I meant to ask if the child does have a say. I agree that the child would be very ungrateful if they weren't glad they were getting parents in the first palce but I'm simply asking if they get a choice.

I meant to ask if the child does have a say. I agree that the child would be very ungrateful if they weren't glad they were getting parents in the first palce but I'm simply asking if they get a choice.

Because of what you've brought up, I think they should. It'd end any tension over the subject before it would be allowed to happen.

I see what you are saying,

i have no idea if the children have any say in who adopts them..

Because of what you've brought up, I think they should. It'd end any tension over the subject before it would be allowed to happen.

I'm sure there are kids out there that would simply not feel comfortable with gay parents for various reasons. I think as long as the parents are loving they should be able to have a child but I think it would cause problems if a child was put in a gay family and they weren't comfortable with it.

Edited by The Dude

OK then...I'm putting myself up for adoption.....

cutehomoboi....you available for some proxy-parenting?

If so, I need some dating advice.......dad.......

:beer: :beer:

To be honest, I don't really like the gay lifestyle at all, because it just seems very strange to me to see a man kiss another man. I'm a hypocrite though... Seeing two women kissing in public would pique my interest, especially if I find them attractive.

I have no problems with gays though. If I just met a friend who was gay, and he told me, I'd be like "oh well, yawn, I don't care etc...", and go on with life. Almost all of my friends are males, hence the extensive use of "him"

Now, if it were a friend who I knew for a long time, and he came out of the closet, I'd just straight hit him. It wouldn't be because of him being gay, because I wouldn't care if he were gay, but I would care that for years I was being decieved, and that ranks among the worst of offenses in my book.

But to go along with the subject, sexuality has no impact upon who is a good parent or not. If you're a good parent, then you're just that, a good parent...

Edited by brandon

Now, if it were a friend who I knew for a long time, and he came out of the closet, I'd just straight hit him.

Some friend you are...

On topic, if a gay couple can provide a loving home for a child...the awkwardness that comes from that would be a helluva lot better than a child being stuck in an orphanage/a dozen foster homes.

To be honest, I don't really like the gay lifestyle at all, because it just seems very strange to me to see a man kiss another man. I'm a hypocrite though... Seeing two women kissing in public would pique my interest, especially if I find them attractive

Why is that strange?

and the second half of that proves my point from an earlier post in here that men thinks its ok for one sex but not for the other... why is this?????? :huh:

. If I just met a friend who was gay

How much u wanna bet you already do? and you don't even know it. ;)

I am truly happy to be reading what I am reading. You younger Pit members are showing signs of tolerance and understanding that puts us wrinkly ones to shame.

Rootbeer all round :beer: :beer: :beer:

:)

:rocks:

Some friend you are...

On topic, if a gay couple can provide a loving home for a child...the awkwardness that comes from that would be a helluva lot better than a child being stuck in an orphanage/a dozen foster homes.

I'm a good friend, but having someone come out of the closet after I've known them for so many years (this is hypothetical as it hasn't happened yet) would be like finding out my girlfriend is cheating on me with my best friend.

It's downright deception and lying to me, but if I knew from the start, I wouldn't care.

Edited by brandon

It's downright deception and lying to me, but if I knew from the start, I wouldn't care.

That isnt deception that is personal choice wether they "out" themselves or not.

If it wouldnt bother you so to speak then it shouldnt affect you like that. If anything you should be thankfull they trusted you enough to tell you, and that they felt comfertable enough with you knowing this about their most intimate personal stuff.

Why is that strange?

and the second half of that proves my point from an earlier post in here that men thinks its ok for one sex but not for the other... why is this?????? :huh:

How much u wanna bet you already do? and you don't even know it. ;)

It just feels strange, I just can't explain, but at least I have the gumption to admit I'm a hypocrite. Alot of people don't have the guts to admit it.

As to the second sentence, men who like women, well, they like women, and for most guys, seeing two attractive women kissing would be like finding $20 in the wash.

Also, I may have a gay friend, but I've been knowing almost all of my friends for at least 5 years, and none of them have exhibited gay behavior, so I can't really say.

It just feels strange, I just can't explain, but at least I have the gumption to admit I'm a hypocrite. Alot of people don't have the guts to admit it.

As to the second sentence, men who like women, well, they like women, and for most guys, seeing two attractive women kissing would be like finding $20 in the wash.

Also, I may have a gay friend, but I've been knowing almost all of my friends for at least 5 years, and none of them have exhibited gay behavior, so I can't really say.

:blink: Whats gay behavior? (Im curious) Never seen it and if you are refering to the parades those dont count.

And I still want to know why its "ok" for one sex and not the other. :rolleyes: