Sign in to follow this  
volt

PC Pitstop Troubles

Guest Donna

I'll keep my input short:

As a "PC Pitstop" I would like to see more general computer related discussions (developments in the news etc. (Chengrob's post about MS yesterday was a breath of fresh air..truly!)).

On the whole the entire pit is great, GD has its moments but the mods do a great job!

Thats what GD used to be. Mostly disscussions about computers. Whats the best video card, moniter. How to do coding, lotsa good stuff. Not the how do I fix stuff, just chattin about it. Then for some reason GD became the place not to talk about computers, and all those other forums were made. Granted, politics amung other things were talked about in GD, but not near as much as now.. That was aloooong time ang and a few forums ago. we also had under 10,000 people.

Thats what GD used to be. Mostly disscussions about computers. Whats the best video card, moniter. How to do coding, lotsa good stuff. Not the how do I fix stuff, just chattin about it. Then for some reason GD became the place not to talk about computers, and all those other forums were made. Granted, politics amung other things were talked about in GD, but not near as much as now.. That was aloooong time ang and a few forums ago. we also had under 10,000 people.

Thanks for the input D...

I had given this one up to the UK folks...:lol:

But agree with ya...it was alot more cozy when we were smaller in numbers...but this place can still be closer member to member if we'll just try a little harder to see the others position...then bend some if needed to make it nicer for everyone else...

Yeah...I know...I'm a fine one to yak about that...but am trying harder... :) vj

It would much better if the "no pc talk" rule was relaxed a bit....peeps wouldn't need to post of religion and politics so much....just for the sake of a post

I dont say much in gd and i havent for a while. I snoop around quite a bit and try and keep up on whats going on. Its just a handfull of people starting and continuing the BS in here. Pretty sad that the mods and admins jobs here are referees and babysitters. I see the BS go on in other parts of this forum but gd is the worst. Cant we just be civilized and act like adults? Some of these people who are creating trouble just need a good cooling off. They are not bad people they just let emotions get the better of them. We should have rules in place for a cooling off period if someone is out of line. I dont mean first offence or i would be gone, but to restrict them from the pit for a week would sure cool them down. And if they dont want to come back then thats their loss. Just my 2 cents. ALLEN

This thread reminds me of the movie "Snatch" (no, not that one, get your mind out the gutter!). The scenes when Turkish was having conversations with the pikeys. HILARIOUS.

I got scary when I'd watched the movie so many times I understood them perfectly. :blink:

If someone feels slighted, insulted, picked on, doesn't understand the humor of another country and takes it wrong, etc....Respond to the poster in PM. It will save alot of bandwith by not having these frivolous threads full of arguments,and will not subject others to other's petty bickerings.. Responding in the thread also only serves to invite others to do the same, and the arguments begin. Remember the old saying..."If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!!"

Especially when it comes to a country other than your own. Questions yes, but rude comments...NO.