Sign in to follow this  
volt

PC Pitstop Troubles

Chop...I don't agree with a lot of stuff you post...but try and defend your right to post it...that sounds silly...but I defend folks I don't really like all the time...got some really touchy mods around here....... :lol: gotta love um tho... :) vj

Not sure if I fall under the category of touch mods or not but I do know that I work everyday to be a better mod and member. I feel in a large part responsible for the rubish yesterday but only because I decided to not let things slide. For years I've enjoyed coming to PC Pitstop however lately that has not been the case. I don't see the constant insults and snide remarks coming from GD as normal or something that the majority of members want. I don't enjoy reading posts that are put up with the intent of causing problems. Because of the way GD has been lately I feel just like Mouse. It's a shame because I haven't missed more than 6 days of coming here in almost 6 years. If PCPitstop is just growing and GD is healthy and the posts I'm reading are considered good fare then I'm in the wrong restaurant. I find GD more offensive everyday and don't think I should have to stay away form it in order to have a good experience here. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. Obviously in the future I will double check that I'm just not being thin skinned, but I'm not about to let 2 or three members ruin the site I call home. When I see members insulting other members I'm pointing it out. For years now I've watched and taken the attitude of stay away ignore it. Not doing that anymore. If I'm off base the admins and other mods can point it out to me. I won't shatter.

Guest daisy

Not sure if I fall under the category of touch mods or not but I do know that I work everyday to be a better mod and member.  I feel in a large part responsible for the rubish yesterday but only because I decided to not let things slide.  For years I've enjoyed coming to PC Pitstop however lately that has not been the case.  I don't see the constant insults and snide remarks coming from GD as normal or something that the majority of members want.  I don't enjoy reading posts that are put up with the intent of causing problems.  Because of the way GD has been lately I feel just like Mouse.  It's a shame because I haven't missed  more than 6 days of coming here in almost 6 years.  If PCPitstop is just growing and GD is healthy and the posts I'm reading are considered good fare then I'm in the wrong restaurant.  I find GD more offensive everyday and don't think I should have to stay away form it in order to have a good experience here.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.  Obviously in the future I will double check that I'm just not being thin skinned, but I'm not about to let 2 or three members ruin the site I call home.  When I see members insulting other members I'm pointing it out. For years now I've watched and taken the  attitude of stay away ignore it.  Not doing that anymore.  If I'm off base the admins and other mods can point it out to me.  I won't shatter.

Well said shogan. I usually enjoy coming to the pit where I've made friends. Recently GD has had a bad atmosphere and some of the posts were so way off the mark.

Thanks for starting the thread volt. We do appreciate the work you admins and mods do here. :)

Thats the rub here...some of ya take what gets posted way too personal...and some of ya get way too personal back at folks here...we need to stop that or I'm going to just fight tooth n nail to get this GD forum made gone...then ya'll can just go fight elsewhere.

Well volt, I would second that thought. :)

I was and still am, under the impression that PC Pitstop was a "User Help Site". I really don't think GD will ever be controlled despite the best efforts of the Admins & Mods. :(

At least, tha's the way I see it. ;)

Hawk :beer:

I have never understood why people who come in here to say they don't like having a GD, yet manage to find their way in here to say it :mrgreen:

When the GD is good, it's great. When it's bad, it's terrible. Some folk have different tolerance levels, including Mods. Maybe allocating the Moderating of GD to folk better suited to the unique environment GD offers would help a little? This is not to say that we should be allowed a free for all, or that we should have a seperate set of rules. Just that some peoples skills and expertise lie in other areas and I think that some Moderating techniques only help to further exaggerate problems between members at times.

Just my tuppence worth.

It is clear that some members are going to start threads on topics that will obviously lead to bickering and infighting.  ....

I find it disturbing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, who is finding topics, especially politics, foreign policy, war, etc.. to be off limits and almost taboo, ...  It seems that since these topics are so emotional, no one wants to discuss them, especially among family and friends since it may lead to "disagreement". 

... politics will be off limits, which is very sad in my opinion and is probably one of the reasons why this country and possibly this world is in the state its in.  I think we need more dialogue, not less. 

Open discussion of opposing points of view is necessary for the growth and health of a free society. Insults, name-calling, disrespect, and general in-your-face-I'm right-and you're-an idiot behavior are not necessary for a meaningful discussion and actually guarantees certain death to communication. I find it disturbing that sensitive and emotional issues apparently cannot be debated in a civil and respectful fashion.

There are very, very few topics here that are "off limits", and politics and foreign policy are not among them. What is "off limits" are the behaviors and comments that effectively kill any semblance of reasonable debate. I find it ironic that in the fervent efforts to advance their point of view and "win" the argument, some debaters will completely alienate the opposing side by resorting to personal attacks, ending all hope of "communication".

I have never understood why people who come in here to say they don't like having a GD, yet manage to find their way in here to say it :mrgreen:

I have posted in GD from time to time but any time I do come in here, it seems that there is usually a big fight brewing & name calling, etc. That is what I don't like about GD. ;)

If it was a discussion Forum on topics that reasonable people could discuss, I think I would likely join in more. Any time I did, there was always someone who took offense at the post & thus the start of uncalled for remarks.

My 2 cents.... :lol:

Hawk :beer:

I seem to recall a troublemaker named Z1ON...he's not around anymore is he?

No, but that was for cheating, not because of anything he said, though lord knows he pushed the limits.

Edited by moon

Are you Z10N? :woot:

NO, I'm not even a man!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: I'm just saying...rather than killing a really fun place...the pit's GD forums...heal the sores!!!!!!!

I'll keep my input short:

I dont think GD should go. But I do think it should be kept general.

There's too much politics in here and recently I have found certain threads and members to be very opinionated and forceful in their arguments. Not needed. If it gets you that way don't post or keep your cool.

As a "PC Pitstop" I would like to see more general computer related discussions (developments in the news etc. (Chengrob's post about MS yesterday was a breath of fresh air..truly!)).

On the whole the entire pit is great, GD has its moments but the mods do a great job!

I only post in the GD .......

as for the rest ..the monkey presses the button ..and either it works or it doesn't .... after XP usually it does ........

the political and religious thread do sometimes get a bit " personal" , but at least were not bombing each other over it .....

worth reading other peeps views ...usually ..even if they do leave you gobsmacked .......

pity if it did go ...due to the mix

I only post in the GD .......

as for the rest ..the monkey presses the button ..and either it works or it doesn't .... after XP usually it does ........

the political and religious thread do sometimes get a bit " personal" , but at least were not bombing each other over it .....

worth reading other peeps views ...usually ..even if they do leave you gobsmacked .......

pity if it did go ...due to the mix

Absolute agreement here Tanky boy :)

As someone posting in this very thread once said...

There are so many different personalities at this forum that it probably wouldn't matter what you said...there's someone that's not going to like it

http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.ph...ndpost&p=938721

A lot of things are posted that I find offensive and I'd guess there is a small chance that some of my posts offend others (ridiculously small chance I might add :P ), but they are only words. Too many storms in the teacup that is GD methinks ;)

p.s. I am showing the first signs of growing man-boobs :bawling:

Edited by Sir T Fireball

don't add Brit slang to your falling image!!!

We could make it regional slang, then of course we'd just confuse each other. :lol:

Sorry to hear about the ol' wobbly bits Sir T, want me to have a word with the wife regarding her cast offs? :lol:

Guest Hurdy

Same as Thruppenny Bits...and you're too young to know these things!

Edit: senility.

Edited by Hurdy