Sign in to follow this  
volt

PC Pitstop Troubles

Chop...I don't agree with a lot of stuff you post

Yes, you are often quite vocal about that. But we do agree more than occasionally, like it or not.

...but try and defend your right to post it...that sounds silly...but I defend folks I don't really like all the time

And that would be yout "job" around here I would think.

...got some really touchy mods around here....... :lol: gotta love um tho... :)  vj

I think I have a pretty decent rapport with them.

To be fair, I don't think it is possible to dislike anybody based on this forum, at least for me anyway. It simply does not provide enough information for such a thing. I may dislike something that somebody says or does, but that has little to do with who they are as a whole, and I have yet to actually meet anybody from this forum.

Edited by Chopdoc

troublemakers

ugh. apparently ive been de-throned. :bawling::lol:

what can i say volt? im sorry. i contributed. i will own it when im wrong. im trying to be a good girl, truly i am.

you see i have this problem. i can listen to fragged, or you, or chop, or neo rag on the united states all day long and it really doesnt phase me. especially with fragged, hes just misguided in his politics :P

but i must confess.......

but when someone from another country comes in and starts banging around on my country or the military or whatever it irks me. i then feel it is my sole responsibility to defend my country against foreign attacks.

this is wrong, misguided, and above all that its a character flaw. and again, im sorry.

i am, lets see, in this week alone, an ultra right wing seperatist, the self appointed queen of patriotism and not well. whatever, i am who i am. im ok with my politics, my views on the world and war and conflicts and the justice system and i offer no apologies for them. nor will i change them to suit others. i like being about 40 steps right of george w bush. i think its right. but i have an obligation to my fellow pitster to try to keep myself in check.

i will make a concerned effort to follow the golden rule. ill not take it so personally.

we should all have to take turns sending volt money for smokes or something. B)

Edited by Angela

Well before I toddle off to bed here's my pennies worth :mrgreen: We have fine members for the most part but if it had been up to me I'de have closed GD down. But since it's not up to me I don't take part in threads that I find offensive and it takes alot to offend me. Anything else I have to say on this topic I would take up in a PM :P

...got some really touchy mods around here....... :lol: gotta love um tho... :) vj

Oooo, stand back and don't touch me...... I get goosebumps and just melt :lol:

I wouldn't blame ya if ya shut this part of pc pitstop down. I really wouldn't. I would miss it but I would understand why.

The Pit has been a really helpful place to educate me about my computer and the tests have been invaluable to me and several machines that I have tried to help people out with.

First and foremost its a computer help forum and the best place I've found for help.

I've always appreciated that and I think you have a reputation to maintain and this area lately looks like a mosh pit.

Maybe closing GD down at least temporarily might be a solution. And when and if you opened it back up basically give three strikes and they are out. Do not pass go do not whine that you are not allowed here anymore.

The Pit rocks. But I can see where some weeding needs to be done in order to maintain a more peaceful environment here. Sometimes ya just do what ya gotta do. Either way... thanks for the knowledge and help I've gotten here. :oreo:

you see i have this problem.  i can listen to fragged, or you, or chop, or neo rag on the united states all day long and it really doesnt phase me.  especially with fragged, hes just misguided in his politics :P

but i must confess.......

but when someone, be it moon or sir t, or hurdy or whomever from another country comes in and starts banging around on my country or the military or whatever it irks me.  i then feel it is my sole responsibility to defend my country against foreign attacks.

this is wrong, misguided, and above all that its a character flaw.  and again, im sorry.

Yes this is wrong and incites trouble. We treat everyone equally here and don't pick on "foreigners" or minority groups.

Everyone is free to criticise governments but making it personal is a no no. In no way is it a "foreign attack" to not appreciate the politics of another country. The only way forward is to listen more and try to understand, talking is good but hearing what others say is more important.

I hope to see an improvement round here because I for one have had enough of the attitudes here over the past month or so. Let's try to get GD back to how it once was ... folks from all round the world getting along and learning from each other. :)

Yes this is wrong and incites trouble.

that is why i mentioned it jazzy. i realize this is something i do, it causes problems, and i will go the distance not to do that anymore. im not afraid to admit im wrong.

i hope you took my post in the spirit i intended it. i get hot headed and take things personally which is what volt touched on as a good part of the problem.

i do it, its wrong of me, ill change it. that was all that i meant.

and my use of the term "foreign attack" was meant in half hearted humor.

Edited by Angela

i think one of the biggest probs is the sense of humour between different nations.people should not take it personal in GD but yes it was getting out of hand recently.

there is a great bunch of folks on here and i hope they can all kiss and make up.

angela;

but when someone, be it moon or sir t, or hurdy or whomever from another country comes in and starts banging around on my country or the military or whatever it irks me. i then feel it is my sole responsibility to defend my country against foreign attacks.

this is wrong, misguided, and above all that its a character flaw. and again, im sorry.

Once again, angela, don't try to tar me as anti-American, not even under the umbrella of an apology.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Pit GD . All its highlights, even its warts and deformations, are normal, human and interesting. It doesn't need surgery and it doesn't need sterilisation.

Good on it. Long may it morph.

hey volt, i will apologize to you and the other mods/admin for any trouble i cause you guys.....that is not my intent (i think you already know that)!

but as far as pit members who take offense to my anti-war/anti-shrub rantings, well.....too f-in bad!!

.....if they wouldn't post their "i love bush"/"i love the war" threads, then i wouldn't have any need to respond.

if i do see them, i will react.........someone has to

:beer:

I consider myself a peacekeeper of sorts, without me at the pit there'd be crazies everywhere...(Ang_la :P :P)

Once again, angela, don't try to tar me as anti-American, not even under the umbrella of an apology.

I honestly wasnt trying to. I apologize and will make the correction so that its not taken that way anymore. Again, I was simply trying to acknowledge a fault of mine.

I missed this last night. Thanks Volt for posting this. Angela, no one is perfect and that you looked at yourelf is truely admirable.

I too have very supportive feelings for the soldiers and know first hand what it is like to be in Iraq. I just try to say it in ways that doesn't bring all of that up. If it is misunderstood, I apologize. I served 21 years in the Army and just retired in November last year.

The fact that I am trying to adjust to the civilian world is why I have avoided these topics. I have traveled and lived all over the world, so I think I have a open mind when it comes to other's opinions. I might be wrong.I'll be more carefull in the future.

angela;

I honestly wasnt trying to. I apologize and will make the correction so that its not taken that way anymore. Again, I was simply trying to acknowledge a fault of mine.

Appreciated. God bless America.

Edited by moon

It is clear that some members are going to start threads on topics that will obviously lead to bickering and infighting. But, they are usually important topics, especially in today's world, and I think "debating" them is essentiall. Of course, maybe the piststop forums are not the place to do it.

I find it disturbing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, who is finding topics, especially politics, foreign policy, war, etc.. to be off limits and almost taboo, not only in some forums, but also when families and friends get together. It seems that since these topics are so emotional, no one wants to discuss them, especially among family and friends since it may lead to "disagreement".

For instance, I'm going to a family reunion this weekend, and politics will be off limits, which is very sad in my opinion and is probably one of the reasons why this country and possibly this world is in the state its in. I think we need more dialogue, not less. Of course, like I said, this forum may not be the place for it.

Ok, I'm rambling. I guess I better get to work before I fall further off topic.

Edited by crookedwilly