Change Mode

when i finnally start buying the parts for my new machine i think ill get some new RAM for it anybody got some suggestions on some really good RAM for Overclocking.

thanks in advance

what did you want.. tight :filtered: timings.... or good fsb range?

for tight timings.. i would say a gig of the ocz VX4000 chips... i got 250fsb. @1.5-2-2-1 out of them...

for fsb range.. the gskill ram or ocz pc4800 plat's...

thats my opinions anyways... :P

Get some ram from OCZ, someone will advise you to which model and revision I am sure. I think people are making noise about the pc4000 chips too.

Edit: you beat me to it.

Edited by bigchrome

sorry.. just thought i had to get in there.. as ive had both sets...

personally the VX4000 are good, unless you got a venice core, or sandiego.. where fsb will help you get the overclock out of them

EDIT:

have a look at this post i made... had serious problems with the bios in the end... but still got the score's :D

http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=93013

Edited by dark

i hit almost 250fsb ( 247mhz ) 1:1 with DDR400 Ballistix @ cas 2.0 2-2-8 ... i would have gone further but i think CPU cooling was holding me back :beer:

i hit almost 250fsb ( 247mhz ) 1:1 with DDR400 Ballistix @ cas 2.0 2-2-8 ... i would have gone further but i think CPU cooling was holding me back :beer:

you've really got me eyeing that ram, Flew :woot:

Titanium series is not aimed at the overclocking crowd..rather it's marketed as being for the "mission critical" market.

thanks for the info intratech, so if i go with OCZ im looking more at the platinum or gold series then for OC'ing?

the plats are designed for overclocking, but also so are the gold series...

plats are better with higher fsb... where as the golds are good with timings and latencies...

i might be mistaken.. but thats how i find them ;)

Does anyone know how well PQI does, I think frog or gryph had some, but I'm not quite sure....on a side note, these little pills are awesome, no hangovers, she was right!