Change Mode

Hi guys, i'm in great need of help! right now i'm on my mothers pc and i'm getting a BSOD on my gaming rig!!!

okay here's what happend... i think, first i just now got my 2gig of memory i ordered from newegg, and i put it in my gaming rig up stairs, started her up and everything worked fine! no BSOD how ever... i figured since i now have 2 gig o ram i should changed my paging file size so i did that rebooted and so on... then i used diskeeper 9.0 pro, and i did a boot-time defrag, so i did that and checked everything except "Use chkdsk before defrag" now i reboot the system... and then it starts with it's defragmentation.

Eventually it finishes, then i hit esc to boot into windows, then it reboots.. then the windows xp screem comes up... the one with the loading bar... and about 5-7 secs a BSOD comes up saying "There was a error and windows had to shutdown to avoid damaging anything" or somthing like that... and below that it say's somthing like.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

And then it says a bit of tip's below it (which i tryed) including booting into safe mode... but it doesnt go past the BSOD so bassically i cant get into windows period, anyways below "technical info" it says.

***STOP:0x0000006F (0x00000102, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

PLEASE help me out here! i put so much money into that pc! :bawling:

try taking out the ram and replacing it with other ram.

***STOP:0x0000006F (0x00000102, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

thats a memory address error

I'm probably the only one around here who doesn't know... What is BSOD?

You probably are :lol:

BSOD - Blue Screen of Death...

The nice blue windows error crash screen that shows up when you PC screws up, due to something conflicting within usually

I took out the new 2gb(2x1gb) ones and put in my other 1gb (2x512) which i used before this all happended... and it still has a BSOD, could it be somthing with what diskeeper did?

Cause what diskeeper 9.0 pro did was when i reboot it'll defrag my MFT and page file and ect, the thing's that can't be defraged while online, i dunno... i never actually had this happen to be so i'm clueless right now.... i guess i'll try changing the memory sticks again :erm:

Dunno if it will help, but maybe a hardware conflict? Nevertheless, it will do no harm posting a pit test if you can get windows to boot.

Have you tried safe mode? Or safe mode with networking so you can post the pit test?

Well i put in my old memory sticks and it's still coming up with the same BSOD.

Yeah i've tryed safe mode but it just comes up with the same BSOD, i can't get into windows.

Any ideas guys? :unsure:

Edited by Private Ryan

Well i don't really understand how to do half of what the link says so... i honstesly think it's diskeeper that caused this... somthing with it's build in boot-time defragmentation, i emailed diskeeper but i'm sure that they arent gonna respond for like a week... and i'll bet everything they say wont help me, and i really can't handle waiting a week to get my gaming rig back up and running... this stinks.

So anyone out there that used diskeepers Boot Time Defragmentation... that might know what's going on? please some one.

Try defragging the page file. And check your page file size. Just because you now have 2 gigs of Ram I don't think you necessarily have to set your page file to the 1.5x recommended. I don't know about the recommended settings for large quantities of RAM but I have read that a fragmented page file can cause a system crash.

Try defragging the page file. And check your page file size. Just because you now have 2 gigs of Ram I don't think you necessarily have to set your page file to the 1.5x recommended. I don't know about the recommended settings for large quantities of RAM but I have read that a fragmented page file can cause a system crash.

I don't think he can boot to windows... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Um, how am i supose to do that... i don't have a windows xp cd :erm: i do have this HP recovery thing which i think xp is in, i really don't wanna lose all my stuff.. :bang: i can't beleive all this from a stupid defragmenter.

I can get into my bios... but i don't think it has anything to do with it... besides i dunno how to remove my mobo battery anyhow, well just to make sure i'm gonna wait for executive software (Diskeeper) respond to my email.... GOD i really hope they know how to fix this with out making me lose all my stuff.

maybe i should try restoring it from when it was in the factory, cause i think what the HP recovery thing does is restore everything to factory set. :blank:

Edited by Private Ryan

If you can open your case to put in new memory, you can find the small silver dime-sized battery that keeps the power for your BIOS.

Carefully remove that battery and leave out for a short time (10-15 minutes). Your plug to the wall socket must be removed too.

:)

Edited by flyfishingrules2

maybe i should try restoring it from when it was in the factory, cause i think what the HP recovery thing does is restore everything to factory set. :blank:

That will format your drive and you will lose all your stuff for sure.

Some HP models put the recovery/OS on a separate partition of the hard drive--I know because I have one. I have long since erased the partition, but I still have the manual for how to do it. That option included what it called a "non-destructive" re-install of the operating system. Let me know if you want to try that.

Your recovery disk might have XP on it, and the Repair feature is not destructive--it does what it says: Repairs. Essentially it puts a copy of Windows over the Windows already there. I have used it with success many times.

Have you read the instructions for the Recovery Disk? What exactly is it suppose to recover and how?

:)

This is the route I would go until you hear from Diskeeper, all non-destructive:

1: You still need to reset your BIOS to defaults as I said before....

2: More--I have heard no mention of whether you have tried F8 before Window tries to load--right after you see the HP splashscreen. F8 brings up a menu with many options: try Last Known Good Configuration first. Doesn't work? Try Safe Mode, then System Restore option. Nada? The just Safe Mode and see if you can get into Windows to change page file info.

Seriously, I doubt if a defragger did this.....

Edited by flyfishingrules2

I think he mentioned in page 1 that he tried safe mode. I've been googling the words defrag, diskeeper, boot, BSOD "disjointly" (don't ask, its a computer science term in the sense I have been using it) and I haven't found out anything?

Try getting into the BIOS and disable some hardware? Or rather, try booting from a pen drive to see if it still bsods (means its not diskeeper's fault since you didn't ask it to boot defrag a page file on your pen drive :lol:).

Let's try to diagonose this nasty bugger of a problem rather than finding 1 simple fix for it.

Good Luck :)

Well i already tryed everything under F8, and that just leads to the BSOD.

At this point i'd be willing to try the repair re-install of windows... cause it seems that's the only way, will it replace the pageing file? cause i think maybe somthing went wrong when i had diskeeper defrag my page file or somthing, see everything worked fine until i ran diskeepers stupid boot-time defragmentation, even when i put in my 2gig's of memory.

I'll try and look for my recovery CD... if i can find it :erm: and if i can find that mobo battery i'll try that too.

oh and what exactly is a pen drive?

Edited by Private Ryan

Pen drive is that little USB stick you can find in almost any computer store. Maybe you can try booting from a floppy, and see if you still bsod (if you do, then it's most likeley a hardware issue) and your hard drive is fine.

Posted Image

Edited by DK64_MASTER

Okay guys, well i went ahead and used the hp recovery... and it reformated and re-installed xp... sucks i lost everything but... least i have it working now, no BSOD!

But now i have another problem... now that everything is deleted i have to put everything i can remmeber back in, and well i'm having some what a bit of trouble, first off... i went straight to windows update, installed all the latest updates for my computer... but i can't seem to get it to install SP2(service pack 2) it says to use windows update but when i do that it's saying my pc is up to date, but i don't have SP2... and i don't know how to manually install it, any ideas guys?

Edited by Private Ryan