I have MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 and cannot delete a contact in my blocked list. When I right-click the contact, a context menu appears with several options available. However, the delete option is greyed out, whether it's in the allowed list or blocked list.

How can I delete a contact from this list? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rather than right clicking on the name.... Go to the top menu and click on Contacts, then Manage Contacts; then Delete a Contact.... A list of contacts comes up...highlight the one you wish to delete and click OK.....

Sometimes if you come in from another direction, it will work...

Jomilt

Thanks, but I tried that already. Although the contact name is gone, it still remains under the Tools, Options, Privacy tab (in my blocked list). It doesn't matter whether I put it in the Allowed or Blocked list, it's always there. Very strange that MS won't let me delete a contact entirely. Oh well, hope someone can come up with a solution.

I should mention that I tried re-installing it but it seemed to remember everything...

Thanks for the suggestions...

Hiryu, I want to delete the contact so that it doesn't appear in any of my lists, Allowed or Blocked.

Shadow4173, I'll try just that. Let's hope it works... :beer:

Guest Petite_Blonde

Treehorn,

I have the same problem, apparently the only way to delete those people is for them to delete you. If they have you on their list you can't delete them from your blocked list. I have been emailing MSN for months about this.

My email addy was put on some email spamming site somehow and I get minimum 10 people A DAY...who want to be added. My only options is to either BLOCK or ADD and since MSN has a 1000 person limit to block I have no choice but to add these people.... VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Possibly if more people contacted MSN about this issue they would fix the problem...if you figure something out...I'd LOVE to know about it.

Excellent homework, Petite! So I take it that Microsoft told you that the other person must also delete you as a contact then? It must be such a hassle getting all those contacts a day! Maybe you should think of creating a new account (but that might be just as much hassle....)

Anyway, I might just email MS and ask them why this happens. Thanks for the advice all.

:beer:

Guest Petite_Blonde

Yes, I was told this from the customer support people... :lol: I guess they were tired of dealing with the situation because I haven't gotten a reply back from my last email. (Too many curse words??) I like MSN and my addy is a cool address (I've had it for 5 yrs) so if they could fix this issue I would be extremely happy!

Or....if the people who were trying to add me spoke ENGLISH and I could ask them to delete me no problem but all I get are Turkish and Dutch blabber...I also tried sending them links to really gross websites hoping to "scare" them off....It just fueled the fire ARGH... So there I sat thinking "I'm acting like a nutcase...enough already" :woot:

Maybe I should give-up and get a new addy. In any case...I wish you the best with the problem, just be glad you haven't reached your block limit!!! :pullhair: hahaha!!

All the best...

When I used to reach my limit in my block list with Hotmail, I'd clear the list and start over hoping that by then the people I'd blocked before would've gotten the hint by then... :P -kd5-