Change Mode

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh ....just got in .....!

The police closed my road down at 11am as its a main artery into the square mile , so I sent the staff home ,...... but nothing was running , tube bus trains and cabs ....Mobile network just got overloaded and intermittently went down ....Landlines were playing up a bit too ......

Most of us went down the rub a dub for a pie and a pint ... which a where Ive been all afternoon .....Its a lovely day

Some buses started running in the east end around 3pm not much traffic around ...

Jumpted on a bus at half 4 ...and home in record time.....

Just catching up on the news now ........

Its a lovely day

I meant the sun was out ........!... it should have been a happy one too

Were were all so happy and enthused yesterday........ over the Olympics ....... then this .....!

Hard to know what to say .............really

Mate of mine works opposite whitchapel ....they've been using double decker busses to ferry the wounded into the hospital ....

Sort of makes you realise the number of causalities

Edited by Tankus

Praying for the well being and safety of all the members across the pond

The news is just shocking :mrsgreen::mrsgreen:

Guest daisy

heh ....just got in .....!

The police closed my road down at 11am as its a main artery into the square mile , so I sent the staff home ,...... but nothing was running , tube bus trains and cabs ....Mobile  network  just got overloaded and intermittently went down ....Landlines were playing up a bit too  ......

Most of us went down the rub a dub for a pie and a pint ... which a where Ive been all afternoon .....Its a lovely day

Some buses started running in the east end around 3pm not much traffic around ...

Jumpted on a bus at half 4 ...and home in record time.....

Just catching up on the news now  ........

You went down the pub and these guys here were worried about you!!! :mrsgreen: Shows they're a great bunch of people doesn't it. :)

I have a friend who lives in London. She is okay thank goodness! She was at work at the time. She was able to get word to us that she was okay from the work pc.

She did say they were not sure how they were going to get home, since they had all the transportation systems (underground and buses) shut down.

I haven't heard from her since, but I am thinking that is probably cuz they didn't go back into work today.

Its all so very sad!

You went down the pub and these guys here were worried about you!!!

we were just stuck where we were !....nothing you can do about it ....all you can do is sit it out..... and stay out of the way ....!

Trains are up and running now .....

Police on the BBC confirm 4 bombs ...33 dead ....

Posted Image

This is london (evening standard)

Edited by Tankus

Wonder if my Cousins are okay.... Mum was just visting near there, now she is southwest- Might have trouble getting back to them for the rest of the vacation now.

Terrorists irritate me slightly.

CNN said "The death toll was expected to rise and London hospitals reported many people in critical and serious condition"

I was supposed to fly into London in August or September.

I hope things will be cleared up by then!

My hubby gets the train to Liverpool Street every day & this week our 15½ year old daughter has been travelling with him to do 2 weeks work experience at his firm. Thank goodness they are both ok, they came into the station about 20 mins after the first attack. Ian's HO is in Covent Garden so they had to walk there, dropping off a friend of my daughter's who's also doing her work experience in London, on the way. They are now at Ian's mum's in South London - they were staying there tonight anyway, just went home a little earlier than normal.

My two brothers, sister in law & various friends all work in London. My family are ok but don't know about the friends. As usual, our emergency services have been fantastic.

It is very important that we carry on as normally as possible - Ian is adamant about this, he runs the risk every day as he travels on the tube. You cannot let these terrorists succeed. I'm lucky as my family is ok but my heart goes out to those poor people on the tube trains and on the bus. It is horrific.

Best way to keep up to date is via BBC's Radio 4 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

i am in the us army right now and on vacation. right now im am extremely p***ed off at this i have been fighting and fighting for the last 7 months getting rid of these :filtered: holes and more just pop up and start blowing stuff up. I will make a promise to help finish this once and for all. Innocent people should not be the target of terrorism, the US Government especially George Bush should have a big red target on his forehead.

karona

Innocent people should not be the target of terrorism, the US Government especially George Bush should have a big red target on his forehead.

I agree with the 1st part of your statement, but even tho not a Blair or Bush supporter strongly disagree with the 2nd.

it's not about politics or ideologies but simply terrorism, the perpetrators will learn that civilisation will continue no matter what they do.

Damn!! I just found out my girlfriend was supposed to be going into central London this morning but changed her mind at the last minute just before all this went down! Thank God she didn't go.

the political party affect the fate of innocent people. yesterday i watched gundam wing endless waltz and this caught me

As long as humans roam the Earth, there will always be wars

yes this is true, but some wars and battles can be avoided.

I dont think many people know too much about the chopper crash a few days ago, but 2 of those SEALS died 1 is in treatment and the other is being held captive and being threaten to be killed if we dont back off.

As well as they are threatening to attack Denmark and other countries if they dont back off and break our alliance.