Change Mode

Each time one of these horrific acts happen, the message is always the same. They will not win, we will not relent. They are trying to scare us and we will not be scared. Blah Blah Blah.

Is there ever a point, when we ask ourselves that perhaps our approach to the war on terror might be flawed. Is there ever a time to adjust strategy. The attacks in Spain and England and in the United States were all the responsibility of Al Qaeda. Since there were no ties to Al Qaeda and no WMD in Iraq, perhaps we would be better off focusing our resources more on Al Qaeda. Is now a good time to ask these questions? If not, will there ever be a time?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each time one of these horrific acts happen, the message is always the same. They will not win, we will not relent. They are trying to scare us and we will not be scared. Blah Blah Blah.

Is there ever a point, when we ask ourselves that perhaps our approach to the war on terror might be flawed. Is there ever a time to adjust strategy. The attacks in Spain and England and in the United States were all the responsibility of Al Qaeda. Since there were no ties to Al Qaeda and no WMD in Iraq, perhaps we would be better off focusing our resources more on Al Qaeda. Is now a good time to ask these questions? If not, will there ever be a time?

I don't believe that reducing any focus in Iraq would provide any more resources for the fight against Al-Qaeda. There are already a great deal of resources dedicated to it, it is a very different kind of fight from that in Iraq. I don't believe that the fight in Iraq is taking away any resources from the fight against Al Qaeda.

Unless of course one would suggest invading some country in the fight against Al Qaeda? I don't think we should be sending more forces into Afghanistan if that is the idea.

How would you suggest that resources or forces in Iraq be redeployed in the fight against Al Qaeda?

Chop,

If you are saying that Al Qaeda is our first priority and Iraq is a secondary strategy, that just happens to be significantly more expensive, then I agree with you. It is just so hard to see the progress that we are making on our first priority. How do you know that Al Qaeda is our first priority and everything is already being done?

I just got home from work. I was shocked when I heard the news today, it very nearly made me sick to my stomache. My condolenses go out to everyone affected by this dispicable act. I don't know what else to say, I just popped in to let you know that you are not alone. We will catch the son of a :filtered:es that pulled off this atrocity.

Guest Donna

SirT,

I was at the nurses station this morning and one of the Nurses started saying something about terrorists blowing up the subways in london.

First thing I said was "god I hope SirT is Ok", she gave the wierdest look.

Anyway, guess I just want to say, I am glad it was you making this thread. and not someone lese and us worrying about you.

I know we have lots of Brits on here, don't know how many are in London, but I hope they are all checking in.

Now I will go read the thread and see who's all here. ;)

Simply mortified, but glad everyone here is OK. Suppose GWB will get his wish now. He wanted Terrorism in the #1 slot but nobody else did. Assume this will change G8's collective minds. -kd5-

Simply mortified, but glad everyone here is OK. Suppose GWB will get his wish now. He wanted Terrorism in the #1 slot but nobody else did. Assume this will change G8's collective minds. -kd5-

I guess terrorists don't like the idea of not being considered the center of the universe. :blank:

“Today, we have been witness to acts of cowardice and terror. The London bombings are an unspeakable attack on the innocent and on a way of life. On behalf of all Canadians, I have extended to Prime Minister Blair the condolences and the sympathies of our nation. We pray for those who have lost their lives, and for their families. Canadian security forces are working closely with those of Great Britain. We stand ready to provide any assistance that may be required at this difficult hour and in the days and weeks ahead. Our collective freedom has come under attack today by those who would use violence and murder to force extremism upon the world. We must and we will stand against these terrorists. We will do so together. And we will prevail.”

- Prime Minister Paul Martin

I too extend my condolences and the sympathies. From what I've seen the attack failed.

You have again shown us why the "Bloody Brit's" are the team to beat. :worship:

You stood proud today and I for one stood with you. :salute:

Sleep well tonight my British Friend's.....the world keep's watch over you.

So what?  Show some respect for :filtered: sake.

Why can't we start a thread for every Iraq attack then?

I expect 21+ pages of "Oh my god, I hope your OK" posts...

However, this stuff sucks. They have my condolences.

Edited by IanG

With respect DD, Nationalities are irrelevant.

:P

You are exactly right Andrew,

The Point I was trying to make was that the people killed and hurt by this Barbaric Act came from all over the World, from ALL Counrtries.

Our Federal Police in London, like Representatives of ALL Countries in the World are assisting the UK Police in any way they can to bring to Justice those involved.

Guess it takes a Barbaric Act like this one to really Unite the World Leaders, not only those from G8.

:beer: :beer:

you can if you wish, though there is a difference, Iraq is a war zone and the center of London is not. I also doubt that many here know Iraqi citizens in Iraq. I do know a few soldiers but no Iraqis, I would be curious if anyone here knows an Iraqi civilian living in Iraq. Of course it doesnt make their loss any less meaningful but like I said, it goes back to that key difference. Edited by one2gamble

I expect 21+ pages of "Oh my god, I hope your OK" posts...

However, this stuff sucks. They have my condolences.

We can start a new thread, there is a time and a place for everything. The wounds of this incident are still extremely fresh and rubbing salt in the wounds is not a very classy thing to do. I did not see any redeeming quality from his comment, it was pretty insensitive actually.

Anyways I do not want to turn this thread into a war zone. Our English brothers, as tough as they are, need our support in one of their darkest hours. Those son of a :filtered:es will answer for what they have done. It may not be today or tomorrow but they will answer sooner or later.