over in the US, are Renault cars sold there?

Not so much....but they used to be.......I don't believe they have a dealer network over here anymore.

There is an old saying:

In heaven the French are the cooks, the English are the police, and the Germans are the mechanics.

In hell the French are the mechanics the English are the cooks and the Germans are the police.

;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were here in the 60's and 70's but the poor quality at the time doomed them. They have yet to resurface in any sizeable quantity.

I think they pretty well died in the eighties after the Fuego model.

Shame to hear that. My fave Renault, is the CLIO. I love it to bits ;)

I bought it around April 05, and the NEW shape Clio is due for launch here in the UK in October 05. So I may just upgrade! :lol:

Edited by cutehomoboi

Yes I edited my post they were here into the 80's I think they teamed up with AMC in the 80's and made it to the late 80's. :)

Yes, that's right, I remember now. They did jump in with AMC....or was it Chrysler?

Didn't they have something to do with the K-car? Which is funny because the K-car engine was a modification of a VW design.

I have been taking about my Clio most of the day, so here is a little picture of the Clio I have got. It's not my Clio in the photo, but I do have the same one...

Posted Image

It is a cute little car. Maybe when gasoline prices soar higher over here they may make a reimergence in the US market. :)

I doubt that will help them much. There are too many others already here in that department.

I don't have an automated carriage right now, but I want an AMC gremlin that looks like the Mirth-Mobile from Wayne's World:

Posted Image

Or a deLorean. B)

Or this beauty:

Posted Image

One of those new fangled automated carriages!

Edited by danielos

bigchrome...bill...I ain't got a 4 foot screen...knock off the big pics please.

I thought only the third was to large? Must have been. I'm not used to this 19" LCD yet. :P

If you had a ten foot screen it would be no different, it's down to resloution, don't ya know!

Just jokin with ya big c...

It comes down to you wrecking my forum tables...I don't like that.

You got £300k spare for the Merc Maclaren? :lol:

Anyone from the UK watch Top Gear last night.. :woot:

Wouldn't mind an Aston Martin DBR9

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~zieglerc/dbr9.jpg

However, I will probably be buying a Vauxhall Corsa for my first car, this October :)

http://www.whatcar.com/Car/Vauxhall/9114424431.jpg

Edited by Wigan

I own an L reg Vauxhall Astra which (unfortunately and unusually) looks like a Vauxhall Belmont. To put this in perspective this car is so crap you can't even get a decent picture of it through Google.

Dream car - BMW Z3

Posted Image

Although I would like to take the opportunity to say that I do drive police cars - which is just the greatest buzz you can get :woot:

:bobby:

LOL......Poor Volt.

If I can have a dream Car......without any hesitations on gas prices and affordable insurance premiums.......not to mention the note....

I want a Cadillac...love the way it feels to ride in one

I have a 1994 Buick Century with 42 thousand miles on it. It is like brand new. I bought it from the original owner 4 years ago for a thousand dollars when he bought a new car. It only had 38 thousand miles on it then, and they would only give him a grand trade in and he said he would rather sell it to a friend, we had just moved here and did not have a car. My wife drove it around the block and wrote him a check.

What would I like to have, hmmmm. I have a friend who bought a brand new red four door Jaguar in 1998, and it does not have a scratch on it. leather upholstry and only has 24 thousand miles on it. :wub: He paid just shy of 80 thousand for it and wants a new one. Says he will sell it for 17 thousand to a friend rather than trade it in. I am number two on his list of friends who want it.

I may have to get a contract out on the guy who is number one. :unsure:

But, my wife thinks we should keep the Buick for the rest of our life, good gas milage, low maintainance costs, and she says you can buy a lot of rum for 17 thousand dollars. :lol:

But I am going to be 80 years old in 11 years. I probably won't be driving much, and I will just go down and sit behind the wheel and go rrrum rrrrum and remember the good old days when I was out cruising around town. I would rather do that in a shiny red Jag than an old blue Buick. :beer:

Edited by crescent

I say enjoy your last years, take out a mortgage and buy a brand new Lambo or something!

Why would you be afraid to drive the SLR? I would drive anything as fast or faster than that, unless it was a mazda or something! Wouldn't be seen dead in a mazda! :P

Edited by bigchrome