Change Mode

9800xt Temp question

its weird

this card hasnt worked in months and I have been to lazy to RMA it, so I get the rma number and am boxing it up. I figure Ill give it another shot and presto chango it works fine. The stock heat sink sucks though, I may leave it in for a few more days to see what happens

my 9800xt topped out at 65 and it was well overclocked....

you may need to get all the dust out of it... also mayke sure the heatsink is sitting on the gpu nicely. as if its not, temps will increase wildly... and if thats idle temps, your load temps must be very high, its very worrying...

is the fan working on the card? or is it spinning slow? if this is the case... try ATI tool, to change the fan speed to maxiumum, if this doesnt work try reseating the heatsink on the card..... again if that doesnt help, your next best option is to change the heatsink....

artic cooler 3...

Just a different question here guys.... How'd you get the temps for the cards? I thought only the XT had a temp probe but a guy has said the temps for an SE card... Are you using an external temp probe?

the se doesint. i got a censor on mine and mine never hits over 51c on load idel is 35 too 41c and this is with the 8pipines unlock im useing this too cool it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835186110 my temps might be lower because i got that vantec card cooler under it too. and upgraded my cooling fans and stuff. i dont have the censor on it now too lazy :lol: but the last time i check it with it about 2weeks ago it was the temps i said up top.

Just a different question here guys.... How'd you get the temps for the cards? I thought only the XT had a temp probe but a guy has said the temps for an SE card... Are you using an external temp probe?

Well mostly all the 9800 cards that have the 360 chip have that thing to see the temps but they are disable the only way to see them is to flash it to XT