Secure Ie & Private Ie

Guest Arlen

:mrsgreen: i hate pop ups , they are like that anoying person you get in every pub who justs pops up and wont go away.

Messenger Service as defined by Microsoft is a service that sends and receives messages sent by administrators or by the Alerter service.

In a default installation of Windows (98, ME, XP, 2000, NT) Messenger Service may allow anyone on the internet to initiate pop up Windows on your screen including spam messages. Unless a user is in a work environment where company administrators determine the need for this service it is recommended users disable it.

If in the future a user determines a need for the service simply enable it again. The procedure for disabling the Messenger Service is as follows.

For Windows 2000 and XP

Click on Start

Click Run

Type: services.msc

Double-click on Messenger

Find Service status and select stop

Click the scroll down box in Startup type, choose Disabled

Click OK.

For Windows 95, 98, and ME

Click on Start

Select Settings

Click on Control Panel

Double-click Add/Remove Programs

Select Windows Setup

Select System Tools

Click Details

Uncheck WinPopUp

Click OK

Reboot

my answere would be no......others may say yes

Everytime I sign on I get this popup offer. Do you think I should buy?

Is it a popup that looks like a webpage or is it in a relatively small gray box in the middle of your screen? If it's a web popup, closing messenger service, etc. won't do anything to stop it.

Guest Arlen

The Secure IE and Private IE are pop-ups on the PitStop site. I should have said they pop up when I sign on to PCPitStop.

The Secure IE and Private IE are pop-ups on the PitStop site. I should have said they pop up when I sign on to PCPitStop.

Ya don't need them.

Just leave it minimized to the taskbar and you should only get the one per visit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bunkoramo

Are you sure this pop-up is not caused by a spyware or ad-ware program running on your computer, it is odd you get this every time you sign-on to the net, if that is what you are doing.

I can't see the pop-up you are getting and you don't say to what it is you are signing on to, so I can only guess.