Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angela

[email protected]*!% is there anything more frustrating?

then when your typing away at something, pouring yourself into the task at hand, been working on it for a few hours......

and then you lose your power and its gone? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

we are getting our rear ends kicked in lincoln right now, serious lightning, thunder, rain.

and i just lost everything ive worked on all night long. my last save was at 10:11 pm and its 12:30 a.m. now.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

gone. all my work and effort is gone. :(

screw mother nature.

doesnt stuff like this just make you want to scream? :bang:

Oh, yeah....

In my case, it wasn't nearly as dramatic; just one capacitor in my power supply, and everything went away -- forever.

It wasn't my auto that needed saving (except for a wheel bearing).... :rolleyes:

I agree; removable-media data backup would have been nice, too. Unfortunately, it was overload, not drop-out that ate up my system....

you lose your power

we are getting our rear ends kicked in lincoln right now, serious lightning, thunder, rain.

sorry ya lost your stuff though thanx for the heads up :)

i've been watching the lightening get closer by the minute n' this is gonna be a bad one....got candles n' a flashlight handy just in case :P

then when your typing away at something, pouring yourself into the task at hand, been working on it for a few hours......

and then you lose your power and its gone? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

and i just lost everything ive worked on all night long. my last save was at 10:11 pm and its 12:30 a.m. now.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

gone. all my work and effort is gone. :(

screw mother nature.

doesnt stuff like this just make you want to scream? :bang:

That happened to me once when I was typing a rough draft for my essay. I just turned in a one paragraph paper the next day for credit. I told the teacher that a rough draft was just something you expand upon when you write your final draft, so a rough draft can be any number of things. I got the 10 points. :)

Good luck with the typing!

they are not too frequent. but that looks like a cool gadget anyway.

still cant believe all that work is gone. :(

Be sooooooo glad you don't live down here ...we get alot of tornadoes with our thunder storms.

And have heard that some who were even on surge protectors were still hit.