Change Mode

the glass is half full

Angela

"There is no answer, everything simply is."

This quote occured to me in a dream, and I've lived by it ever since. Kills the complexities that drag life to a deep and somewhat dreary psychological perspective. All reason disregarded, live life to it's fullest. After all, you only live once! ;)

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett - "The Truth"

The glass is half full (optimist).

These two quotes carry a lot of meaning for me.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest. Henry David Thoreau

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. Thomas Paine

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than education, than money, then circumstance, than failures, than success, than what other people say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, school, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people wil act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. the only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 1o% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

charles swindoll.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than education, than money, then circumstance, than failures, than success, than what other people say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, school, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people wil act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. the only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 1o% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

charles swindoll.

:P

Just about sums it up Mate.

Like to add a DD one to it?

The moment you stop learning, start to dig a hole, a really deep one.

Life is all about learning, adapting and changing to suit that life.

When you stop listening to others, you stop to learn, then interacting with others.

It can be like a Cancer, so the best thing to do then.

Jump down into that hole you dug for yourself, ask someone to fill it in.

Your Life is OVER!

:beer: :beer:

We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people wil act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. the only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 1o% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

charles swindoll.

oh if only i could learn that, live that.

Just about sums it up Mate.

Like to add a DD one to it?

The moment you stop learning, start to dig a hole, a really deep one.

Life is all about learning, adapting and changing to suit that life.

When you stop listening to others, you stop to learn, then interacting with others.

It can be like a Cancer, so the best thing to do then.

Jump down into that hole you dug for yourself, ask someone to fill it in.

Your Life is OVER!

Why are you making sense to me now? I must have an automatic DD filter applied, I'm just kidding :lol:

Now all I have to do is to get my husband to adopt these principles but he would see the glass as half empty.

Why are you making sense to me now?  I must have an automatic DD filter applied, I'm just kidding :lol:

Now all I have to do is to get my husband to adopt these principles but he would see the glass as half empty.

Guess you can lead a horse to water, Mate?

You can't force him to Drink?

BTW I am glad people have stopped picking on me now.

Edited by Drovers Dog