Images in signatures

Nothing has been said about images in sigs, so as far as I know, they still aren't permitted....even if there is a glitch in the board settings.

:blink: so we're breaking the rules by having images in signatures? i thought dave was just being nice by giving us the benefit of the doubt that we were mature enuff to have signatures.. :P:mrgreen: :help:

Unless Dave or Rob want to allow them and we amend the Forum Rules, images in signatures are not allowed. Yours was removed crossfire.

The forums slowed to a crawl awhile back and it was decided to do away with them at that time to help with the forum load. Many here do not have the benefit of broadband and it can be painful for them to navigate the forums and threads under those circumstances.

Your cooperation is appreciated. Images in signatures will be removed unless we are all notified of any changes to this policy. :)Y

Unless Dave or Rob want to allow them and we amend the Forum Rules, images in signatures are not allowed. Yours was removed crossfire.

The forums slowed to a crawl awhile back and it was decided to do away with them at that time to help with the forum load. Many here do not have the benefit of broadband and it can be painful for them to navigate the forums and threads under those circumstances.

Your cooperation is appreciated. Images in signatures will be removed unless we are all notified of any changes to this policy. :)Y

:tup:

Images in sigs also become annoying when you're scrolling through posts looking for something, because they take up so much space. I love how the pit does not endorse them, because on other message boards it has gotten out of hand. :)

with regards

:tup:

Images in sigs also become annoying when you're scrolling through posts looking for something, because they take up so much space. I love how the pit does not endorse them, because on other message boards it has gotten out of hand. :)

with regards

in every forum ive been to, there is an option in the my controls/board settings menu that allows you to cut off signatures, avatars, user posted images, and even smileys..

I think that signatures would be a good way to add a bit of flavor to the site, as long as there are size regulations placed on them. i mean like something no bigger than 450 x 200 or so should be plenty big for a nice signature.. thats alot smaller than the images some people put in their posts

in every forum ive been to, there is an option in the my controls/board settings menu that allows you to cut off signatures, avatars, user posted images, and even smileys..

I think that signatures would be a good way to add a bit of flavor to the site, as long as there are size regulations placed on them. i mean like something no bigger than 450 x 200 or so should be plenty big for a nice signature.. thats alot smaller than the images some people put in their posts

I disagree. The Pit was created to help people with computer problems; members who are new to the board aren't gonna wanna sift through a million adverts (which to them, may seem like a good idea to click on if they are advertising computer-related things) to find the answers they are looking for.

with regards