Are the Minuteman the answer?

That isn't ocean that surrounds Aussieland....it's a moat...... :lol:

:P

Guess so, Mate, come swim accross the Moat.

BTW wear your Wet Suit, it makes you look like a Seal to you know Who?

Dum, Dum. Dee, Dum.

:beer:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK DD....I guessyou still wanna think that Aussies have cornered the market on Great Whites.... :rolleyes:

If I ever come to Australia you can bet I will go diving. I would have to be nuts to miss that.

OK DD....I guessyou still wanna think that Aussies have cornered the market on Great Whites....  :rolleyes:

If I ever come to Australia you can bet I will go diving.  I would have to be nuts to miss that.

Hey, Mate,

You are Welcome to camp with us while you are here, long as I get to watch you dive in Morten Bay? I will watch closely from the Ship, Mate!

I once saw a guy walk on water there when GW came cruising past, he left a slight trail behind him, not the GW.

:blink::woot:

Edited by Drovers Dog

Thanks DD, but I would probably sign on with a professional guide.....

I certainly wouldn't be diving anywhere you told me to. You would throw me to the sharks just to make a point.

....and I don't know if you have noticed but diving is a very popular sport in Aussiland and a major tourist attraction.....in spite of your efforts to the contrary. ;)

:beer: :beer:

Thanks DD, but I would probably sign on with a professional guide.....

I certainly wouldn't be diving anywhere you told me to.  You would throw me to the sharks just to make a point.

....and I don't know if you have noticed but diving is a very popular sport in Aussiland and a major tourist attraction.....in spite of your efforts to the contrary.  ;)

:beer:  :beer:

I know, I am just being a little jovial tonight.

Many people come to Dive here, most of they go home.

GW only feeds when he is Hungry.

BTW, most of the Divers lost are with Guides.

Guess I could get Oscar to look after you, Mate, he is only 72 years old, you know, his favourite Saying is, "If you don't know what you are talking about? Shut up!"

He really knows about the GW.

:beer:

Edited by Drovers Dog

I admit I gave up reading this entire thread at about page four, but I just can't stand the thinly veiled racism and holier than thou attitudes anymore.

while their nation is devoured and plundered by the menace of tens of millions of invading illegal aliens.

"Devoured, plundered, invaded" Excuse me? Should we line them up in the street and shoot the infidels? Because they were not lucky enough to be born in this country, with all of the wonderful things that we take for granted every day? Tell me, what did any of you do to deserve the priveledge of living here? Oh, just the dumb luck that your mother lived here when she got knocked up? Really. That trumps the desperation that these people have to make a better life for themselves, for their children? What shall we tell them? Something like this:

"We're sorry, but we the American people feel that you and your children don't really deserve any help with money to feed yourselves or health care to keep you healthy, because of where you were born. Actually, we would very much like to keep that money to ourselves. So would you mind finding some other way way feed your kids, preferably by going back to Mexico and finding food there?"

About how you feel? People, there is a price for living as well as we do, and we should be happy to pay it.

This "anchor baby" business makes me want to curse. Lets see you got to a hospital and find an anchor baby. You take that baby to the border and you look into that baby's eyes as you tell the mexican authorities to take that baby from you because we don't want it here. You tell them that you want that baby to grow up in sickness and poverty because you can't be bothered to help.

I'm disgusted.

"We're sorry, but we the American people feel that you and your children don't really deserve any help with money to feed yourselves or health care to keep you healthy, because of where you were born. Actually, we would very much like to keep that money to ourselves. So would you mind finding some other way way feed your kids, preferably by going back to Mexico and finding food there?"

no one is saying that at all. we are saying there is a legal way to immigrate to this country and if you do it any other way your breaking the law and costing the american taxpayer a small fortune.

america gives loads of money to other countries to help them out.

i dont want to as a taxpayer fund the raising of a child born here while its mother was not legally here. if i wanted another child i would have one.

its not fair to sneak in and im all about helping immigrants who are here legally. im very lucky to be an american, very very lucky, and i am proud of who we are and the assitance we offer.

Tell me, this "small fortune" that they are costing, just how much has that affected your personal quality of life?

None, I think. So then, lacking any damage to self, this must be a complaint based solely on principle.

Much like the two year old that hoardes his toys from other children, though he has more than he can play with, does so based on principle.

These are human beings, regardless of what paperwork they have filled out.

Much like the two year old that hoardes his toys from other children, though he has more than he can play with, does so based on principle.

i dont know bobby, id like to have my tax money, wouldnt you? think of the things i could buy and the bills i could pay down to zero balances if i just had all the money ive ever paid in taxes back. its cost me money, and all americans money, if you pay tax its cost you a fortune. i claim all the exemptions i can claim, but id love to have that money to spend.

im not so sure that the american people could ever be labeled greedy or stingy. we give money left and right to this or that country. and im fine with that, helping people fix problems in thier own country.

we are all immigrants. i love immigration. welcome. fill out your paperwork and do it legally. thats all i ask.

not to mention the security risks involved with not knowing whos here.

its not anti immigrant, its anti sneaking.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of your taxes do not go to those in need. Eliminating all money spent on illegal immigration would not save you a penny. Even if it did make a noticeable impact on your taxes, the money would simply be spent elsewhere.

Perhaps someday people will get their wish, and we will start a massive deportation effort. Shall we stand at the boarder as they are leaving and ask for the money back for the prenatal vitamins the pregnant girl has been taking? Or for the formula the infant has been eating? Will you tell them they didn't deserve it?

Rock on Bobby. When it comes down to facts.. these are humans. Period.

Bring our damned military home from hellhole Iraq to protect our OWN country and our OWN borders and there would be VERY freaking few of these incidents occuring. ;)

its costing the american people money in iraq but you republicans dont seem to be to worried about that.

:lol: if you think I'm splitting that off...your nuts..... :mrgreen: v

angela;

do you know how many pregnant women sneak across the border so they can have a baby born in a US hospital on all of our dimes?

No. How many ?

Are you including Canadian women or are you concentrating on Mexicans ?

It's difficult for us foreigners to work out who is the enemy.

angela;

No. How many ?

Are you including Canadian women or are you concentrating on Mexicans ?

It's difficult for us foreigners to work out who is the enemy.

moon...not defending Angela here...she can do that herself...but we do get many folks from other nations...central and south America are very hot right now.

Just an observation but how do the other countries deal with illegals? are they treated the same way at their borders? Are they given public assistance at all and if so is it fairly easy to obtain? Just curious cause you folks are so spread out all over the world here I wondered how it was handled in your countries.

I think some sort of control needs to be done with this situation here however some of the proposed ways of doing so from these posts are pretty far out there. At this point Spanish is almost the dominant language of Texas and California because this is where most cross over to get in...just like in Florida with alot of Cubans and so forth.

I will be completely honest. If I were born in Mexico and the land of the free home of the brave was within reasonable distance I think I too would die if necessary to come here. It may not be right, it may not be a good situation all thats going on..however I refuse to view them as any other way than human first and foremost. I cannot see shooting them or harming them because they are trying to get a better life. There has to be a more humane reasonable solution to this.

Edited by TracyLynn

I haven't time to read the whole thread and am coming in late here but don't these people deserve some compassion ... it must be hard having a poor country right on your doorstep.

id like to have my tax money, wouldnt you?

Personally, no. In fact I'd like to pay more tax, if I knew it were going where it's sent.

How about dedicating a portion of our tithe to regulating the way in which it's spent? A radical proposition I know, but it has worked in the past.

I

Trace;

Just an observation but how do the other countries deal with illegals? are they treated the same way at their borders? Are they given public assistance at all and if so is it fairly easy to obtain? Just curious cause you folks are so spread out all over the world here I wondered how it was handled in your countries.

Difficult question for me, as the only two counties I've lived in for extensive periods are islands, Oz and the UK. 'Island' people have a xenophobia which is more pronounced than that of States with shared borders, it appears. Shared borders allow for an easier and more acceptable intermingling of peoples, common cultural and genetic identifiers etc.

Acceptance of 'foreigners' is improving with time. Up until the 1970's you couldn't get into Australia unless you were 'white'. I remember the American cast of the stage musical 'Hair' looking very uncomfortable. Things are different now.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/W...ustralia-policy

The freedom of travel and work within the EU is brilliant. You can live and work in any country you like. It's true that some citizens of poorer countries gravitate towards wealthier countries for work but their contribution is useful. In many instances they undertake employment that nobody else wants and , personally, I find their cultural colour indispensable. Of course, they are not 'illegals'. It is the synthetic political borders which make people into 'illegals' whereby previously they were simply 'people'.

So, in answer to the topic question ( cloaked as a question but essentially a launchpad), no, the Minutemen are not 'the answer'. Rabble-rousing is not 'the answer'. Integration is preferable to war. Perhaps an American Union , after the European example, is the best way forward. Imagine how many allies you'd collect at a stroke ?

Iain;

How about dedicating a portion of our tithe to regulating the way in which it's spent?

Nice one. Edited by moon

It is the synthetic political borders which make people into 'illegals' whereby previously they were simply 'people'.

point taken and I used bad terminology in saying illegals...you are correct they are all people.

It seems to be the case here too that most take lower paying jobs or jobs nobody else wants to do in alot of instances. But that in itself is sad too because they are being taken advantage of. The one thing I have found with so many of the Mexicans in particular is they are so family oriented. They will live very frugally in order to send home almost all the money they make to their families. I had a friend who worked here several years and was here legally and I noticed he always bought alot of phone cards to call home and taught his little sisters how to balance a checkbook and so forth so they could draw from the money he sent home to his parents and family. He worked in a Mexican restaurant 12 hours a day 7 days a week and sent over half of what he made each week to his folks. Since he was not married and the oldest child he felt obligated to return home once he had a little nest egg and look after his parents as they were getting on in years. He made me realize how dysfunctional my own family unit is as well as most people I knew. Others I've talked to also feel this strong sense of obligation to their family and send that money home as often as possible. I admire that. I think family is one of the most important aspects of one's life and to have that much love and devotion has to be a good thing.

I used to try to get my friend at the restaurant to teach me not so nice words in Spanish and he refused LOL! Not all of them are good as he was.. but not all of them are bad either. Like anywhere else there are good and bad ones everywhere...

Edited by TracyLynn

Trace;

But that in itself is sad too because they are being taken advantage of.

Yes, it's the same here, but a job pays what it pays. There is a minimum wage in the UK and that minimum is a lot more than migrant workers might earn at home. That's because there isn't a European minimum wage. Yet.

Bear raised the point earlier and the solution to that would appear to be a minimum wage and the prosecution of employers who fail to provide it.

I agree... I think those that are paying them less than minimum wage should be fined heavily or worse.... in the construction industry they take jobs that alot of Americans would want to be doing but the contractors get it done by paying extremely low wages. Thats when the resentment starts in with alot of folks here. But I don't think many would want to pick all the vegetables and so forth that alot of them do... and yes even the underpaid is greatful for what they get because its far more than they make at home. They need to go really hardcore hard on people employing them and it would be a beginning.. not a total solution..but a beginning of weeding alot of it out.

If I were a pregnant woman in Mexico with the health care conditions in so many areas much less the poverty levels.... I'd be chancing everything to have it born in the US. Without a doubt. I think where the resentment with some of this comes in is the fact ALOT of people in this country have no medical insurance at all. Healthcare industry in general is a big mess. So people think "well I have no insurance, can't afford to go the dr yet these people who are not citizens are being treated better than myself"

But ya know what.. Iain is on the right track. On a voluntary basis if I had the choice I would not mind a small portion of my taxes to be spent on helping people from any country. I far prefer that over govt officials living in luxury and private jets and all that crap.. to be totally blunt. :P

Edited to spell I's name right. I think he is the only one I've saw with that name that is spelled that way :P If I misspell it in posting at times I apologize in advance :angel:

Edited by TracyLynn