Are the Minuteman the answer?

Oh yeah, now I remember.

These so-called Minutemen have nothing to do with the original Minutemen nor the rights those citizens sought to protect.

I

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, now I remember.

These so-called Minutemen have nothing to do with the original Minutemen nor the rights those citizens sought to protect.

I

Sure they do....

They have in common the spirit of volunteerism, a value strong among Americans.

In addition to that they were a citizen force organized to support regular forces.....just like they are now.

A great deal of that spirit is still alive in the United States. Maybe it has to be experienced to be fully understood....I don't know. I was thinking about that last evening as I was cleaning some of my guns actually.

They have in common the spirit of volunteerism, a value strong among Americans.

In addition to that they were a citizen force organized to support regular forces.....just like they are now.

A great deal of that spirit is still alive in the United States. Maybe it has to be experienced to be fully understood....I don't know. I was thinking about that last evening as I was cleaning some of my guns actually.

As hard as I find it...I think Chops right on that...

God bless me... :lol: v

As hard as I find it...I think Chops right on that...

God bless me... :lol: v

Well in honor of the spirit of this glasnost I have named a revolver after you.

It's a little .22 LR North American Arms mini-revolver.

Meet Volt

;)

:beer: :beer:

I'll give you the volunteerism, doc. In fact I'll do more than that: I queisce that that's the signal, most important feature of the American psyche. Further, I more than approve of it. I envy it.

But, that doesn't diminish the fact that the Minutemen are just riding herd on public opinion and trading on their heritage.

I

:P

Chop?

Do you want to bury them?

You seem obsessed with your Guns, Mate?

:beer:

Obsessed? Naw....far from it. They really don't get the attention they should.

For the past few days I have been enjoying the fact that I have them all together again in the same place. It has been 11 years since they were last assembled together in the same place.

There are actually two missing. I have a pair of 19th century duelling pistols that are not here. About 12 years ago I gave them to one of my my brothers who is an avid historian and very involved in the Independent Mountain Men of Pennsylvania. He still insists they are mine though, so I think they will come back to me at some point.

....and no....I don't want to bury anybody.....not Mexicans anyway.....

There are a few I would drop on sight such as Osama Bin Laden, but I wouldn't go to the trouble of burrying him, and he's not in the US anyway as far as I know....

I'll give you the volunteerism, doc. In fact I'll do more than that: I queisce that that's the signal, most important feature of the American psyche. Further, I more than approve of it. I envy it.

But, that doesn't diminish the fact that the Minutemen are just riding herd on public opinion and trading on their heritage.

I

Riding herd on public opinion? And what were the original Minutemen doing then?

Trading on their heritage? Absolutely. Since they choose the name Minutemen I am afraid they have chosen a name that they cannot live up to in the capacity that they are working.

Shame really. I do think they should have chosen another name. But that is just the name that they are trading on. The spirit is real, the purpose is real.

As for the complements, the American people would thank you I am sure.

You know where I come from, we only use Guns to kill things? Not to look at them? Guns that is!

I hate Guns!

I use guns to shoot.

I think it's a shame that guns would only be used to kill.

You don't look at them? Must be hard to shoot anything with your eyes closed. Do you not have any guns in museums?

I am very mechanically inclined. Guns are fascinating pieces of engineering and a great deal of plasure to maintain and use for those that enjoy such thing.

I use mine as much as I can, and I have never killed anybody.....but you guys only use them to kill? Wow.

I don't hate anything or anybody actually. I dislike hate.

You know where I come from, we only use Guns to kill things?

Well, I have to say that the Aussie Olympic shooting team might take exception with that statement.

http://www.ausshooting.org/

EDIT: To be fair, it may not have been a statement as it is terminated with a question mark. Hard to tell what is a question sometime with your posts. In case it was a question I will say that the answer is an emphatic "No.", that does not appear to be the case in Australia....thankfully. Then again....I have not looked into what the Aussies use for targets....

Edited by Chopdoc

Well, I have to say that the Aussie Olympic shooting team might take exception with that statement.

http://www.ausshooting.org/

EDIT: To be fair, it may not have been a statement as it is terminated with a question mark. Hard to tell what is a question sometime with your posts. In case it was a question I will say that the answer is an emphatic "No.", that does not appear to be the case in Australia....thankfully. Then again....I have not looked into what the Aussies use for targets....

You got it right with the question Mark, Mate, Of cpourse Targets for the World Championships, Commonwealth Games and the Olympics are wothy Targets,(Kills) if you like! That way a Gun is worthwhile having!

Guess when you are swimming in the Ocean and a Great White Shark, (we call them White Pointers here, Mate) comes at you? Guns are pretty useless? They have no Preditors, Mate, not even Man, we know nothing about them!

Guess when you are swimming in the Ocean and a Great White Shark,...Guns are pretty useless

Not true at all.

I guess you never heard of a bang stick?

Bang Stick

These are in .357 and .44 magnum calibers, there are others that use shotgun gages.

EDIT: We do know a great deal bout the Great White....but there are still many mysteries. To say we know nothing about them is a bit of a stretch.

Edited by Chopdoc

That is one of the kindest, fairest, most profound things I've ever heard said.

It's got a pretty good trip with the irony factor too but we shouldn't tell them about that. They'll just run with it.

I

Not true at all.

I guess you never heard of a bang stick?

Bang Stick

These are in .357 and .44 magnum calibers, there are others that use shotgun gages.

:beer:  :beer:

Guess you should come on down and try them out, Mate?

We will all watch you take one of them on, Mate!

God, you are a Brave Man!

Guess anyone that wants to take on a 21ft Killing machine is a Brave Man!

:oreo:

Edited by Drovers Dog

Guess you should come on down and try them out, Mate?

We will all watch you take one of them on, Mate!

God, you are a Brave Man!

Guess anyone that wants to take on a 21ft Killing machine is a Brave Man!

:oreo:

I am a PADI cerified diver and have dived with a bang stick. Does that make me brave? :blink:

I think that just makes me prudent.

EDIT: By the way DD, you seem to want to make a big deal about the Great White is Aussie waters but you folks don't have any monopoly oin them. We have them here as well, they are found far and wide.

They do seem to prefer the taste of Aussies though.....

And don't forget that Sperm Whales eat Great Whites....Mammals rule. ;)

Edited by Chopdoc

I am a PADI cerified diver and have dived with a bang stick. Does that make me brave? :blink:

I think that just makes me prudent.

I would love to see you Diving here, Mate!

Great Whites in the Rio Grande ? Where's the thread going ? :lol:

Actually, Moon, we have Aliens come here all the time, Mate, guess they have to come on leaky Boats that often sink, Mate.

Guess it is revelant when Guns are involved! We Aussies don't need Minutemen, we got the GW's Mate! Maybe we can export a few of them fellows and make some Money?

:beer: :cheers: