Are the Minuteman the answer?

Still think we need to work with the Mexican goverment and fine the dog :filtered: out of anyone who hires an illegal

At least that would be taking steps forwards. Getting guys with too much time on their hands to drive around waiting for Mexicans to pour over the border is not conducive to productivity.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads can and do change course a lil....

Our goverment wouldn't know the truth about whats going on in the world around them if it hit them square upside the head...

Still think we need to work with the Mexican goverment and fine the dog :filtered: out of anyone who hires an illegal...

Of course threads change. That isn't what I am getting on about. I am refuting a statement about American values and you seem to be countering it with comments about dishonest politicians. I don't understand that.

Do you not believe that charity is an American value?

Edited by Chopdoc

At least that would be taking steps forwards. Getting guys with too much time on their hands to drive around waiting for Mexicans to pour over the border is not conducive to productivity.

Interesting opinion.

Tancredo Chastises Prez For Open Borders Policy

http://www.americanfreepress.net/Congress/...Prez-For%20.htm

Bush’s efforts to toady to Hispanic voters by sandwiching amnesty into border-security legislation and his unconcern about the southern border provoked harsh criticism by a congressman from his own party and demonstrates Bush’s disregard for the future of the U.S.

His “open door” border policy with Mexico is a threat to national security, Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Col.) said in an interview with The Washington Times. Bush, he said, is the leading obstacle to controlling immigration.

Bush’s views on immigration are an open invitation to new terrorist attacks.

“What we have not done is to protect our own borders, ignoring our own national security,” Tancredo said. “The president is not on our side. He believes in open borders.

It may be that this topic thread has given vent to various personal beliefs and points of view.... But I doubt that those in charge of supporting a militia or not really care what people think at this time.

IN THE MEANTIME... Check out what our politicians are doing.

Corruption in the Mexican government is being appeased and US soverenty is may be a thing of the past very shortly.

Regards

you do know the US is trying, has tried and continues to fail at getting the Mexican government to help. The Mexican government encourages its people to enter the US because they send a lot of money back across the border. The Mexican government is afraid of what would happen if the US actually cracked down on illegal immigration. You would suddenly have 8million or so unhappy men of fighting age seeking employment that doesnt exist. They might have to do something about that thing they call an economy.

you do know the US is trying, has tried and continues to fail at getting the Mexican government to help. The Mexican government encourages its people to enter the US because they send a lot of money back across the border. The Mexican government is afraid of what would happen if the US actually cracked down on illegal immigration. You would suddenly have 8million or so unhappy men of fighting age seeking employment that doesnt exist. They might have to do something about that thing they call an economy.

So that is reason to back off from the Mexican government? You just stated that they are corrupt so why would the United States continue to appease them? Instead of appeasing them maybe a more agressive approach is needed to coax them and bring stability to Mexico.

continue to fail? They havent even tried

you do know the US is trying, has tried and continues to fail at getting the Mexican government to help.

talking out of both sides of your mouth again? :mrsgreen:

You're speaking of a different failure....twisting around what he said.

we are talking about the US' inability to work with the Mexican government to resolve human rights situations in Mexico. I am not twisting around what he is saying, he simply doesn't understand the concept or is talking in circles.

Jeez, now we have it turned around, and illegal immigration is our(US) fault. The only help we could offer the Mexican govt. is money(more). Might as well just give the cash to the aliens, at least we can get some work out of them.

I took you to mean a failure overall.

I am assuming he did as well after reviewing the posts.

Clearly there is a great deal of success overall....it just happens that it isn't nearly enough in spite of that.

Yes, gaining the cooperation of Mexico has been a failure, but his statement was clearly that we need to handle it on our own instead...and you went on to call that a failure as well.....so I don't see how your statement is limited to recruiting the cooperation of Mexico.

He said:

i didnt say back off, I said we need to take care of it ourselves

To which you replied:

well if they continue to fail then don't you think it is time to change things up?

Clearly he was speaking of a unilateral solution, and clearly you called that a failure. So your explanation fails.

The Arabic TV channel al-Jazeera will not film a report about the US-Mexico border after a civilian border patrol group condemned the idea.

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, an anti-immigration organisation that patrols the border in Arizona, called al-Jazeera a "terrorist TV station".

The group's leader said allowing al-Jazeera to film would be like aiding an enemy scouting mission.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4639827.stm

Buy your John Wayne movies while you still can.

talking out of both sides of your mouth again?  :mrsgreen:

you obviously failed to understand the context. We TRY and get the Mexican government to help as well as help Mexico. We HAVENT tried to lock down our border ourselves. Context, its a wonderful thing. Edited by one2gamble

Oh yeah, that's all well and good but now I've lost my train of thought. ;)

thx,

I

:P

:filtered:nit, Mate, I am waiting for ya!

You start, I will finish it off. :rofl2::rofl2:

:cheers:

Edited by Drovers Dog