Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Are the Minuteman the answer?

As do I Chop. Which is where hispanic illegals on the job site make their first mistake with me.

The Irish illegals are a tough crowd, never easily intimidated and they get union books and work for union wages. They are a smart bunch, union, organization, and stick up for each other attitudes seems to protect them somehow.

Edited by Bruce

Some of ya'll seem a bit nuts...

Its a huge problem here where I live..but I'm not gonna start shooting...

Like I'v said a hundred times before we have to make it very very painful to hire illegals...even if it means putting that company into bankruptcy...

Then we need to find a way to help Mexico help themselves with job creation and pay...the problem there is they are so corrupt its hard to get good money to good causes..

As to those folks "protecting" the southern border I got no problem with it as long as they stay within the laws of the land...

As do I Chop. Which is where hispanic illegals on the job site make their first mistake with me.

The Irish illegals are a tough crowd, never easily intimidated and they get union books and work for union wages. They are a smart bunch, union, organization, and stick up for each other attitudes seems to protect them somehow.

OK.

Just so you know if we ever meet I was born here....and though he was an immigrant...my father was legal....

I don't know for sure on my mother's side....English, Welsh, Dutch, and Native American....one or two of them might have been stow aways from Europe, I don't know....haven't researched that side of the family yet...only my dad's...

On my dad's side we go back to the Conquistadores...pretty cool stuff really...

Yep I am a first generation American, My father and his father came here legally and worked for everything they got the hard way, the right way, and the dignified way.

They didn't sneak in through the backdoor. ;)

the funny thing about all of this is a US crackdown on illegal immigrants would somehow be a human rights violation and all of Europe would speak out against us.

Europe needs to concentrate on their own illegals..UK included...won't be long at the rates some of them are going that to find a true national it will be next to impossible.

I will not question the legality of an illegal immigrant sneaking into the country as it is obvious not acceptable. That being said when there are thousands of people lined up to get into your country and people are desperate enough to risk their lives to get in then there is an apparent underlying problem that needs to be solved. You can line the border with minutemen and shoot all of the illegals you want, however it is a frivilous battle and it will not help to curb the problem at all.

America has proven themselves as the leaders of the free world and fighters of injustice, no one asked them to take on that role they accepted it themselves and although America doesn't get alot of respect they have done alot. Despite a questionable conflict in Iraq, America has done a great deal of work in the Balkans and the Middle East and has liberated many people. When there is a massive migration of people, like South America is experiancing, there is a serious domestic problem.

People need to be able to empathize with these South Americans and help their native countries so they do not feel the need to escape into the United States. Shooting them is a band-aid solution at best that will help them Americans but will do nothing for Mexico. If the minutemen spent half the time they do shooting at Mexicans to build houses or educate the people they could accomplish a great deal more.

If the minutemen spent half the time they do shooting at Mexicans to build houses or educate the people they could accomplish a great deal more.

i dont believe they shoot them guru, only if the illegals shoot first. same as the US border patrol.

and, crossing our border illegally i believe, BELIEVE, is a felony. it is my understanding that you can use lethal force to stop a crime in progress.

the nuts and bolts of the issue is that it has to stop. frankly, i dont care if we do it by voodoo, just get it done.

Edited by Angela

frankly no, i dont think there could be.

anything america did would be wrong and if another country did the exact same thing it would be marvelous and they would have a parade.

I will not question the legality of an illegal immigrant sneaking into the country as it is obvious not acceptable. That being said when there are thousands of people lined up to get into your country and people are desperate enough to risk their lives to get in then there is an apparent underlying problem that needs to be solved. You can line the border with minutemen and shoot all of the illegals you want, however it is a frivilous battle and it will not help to curb the problem at all.

America has proven themselves as the leaders of the free world and fighters of injustice, no one asked them to take on that role they accepted it themselves and although America doesn't get alot of respect they have done alot. Despite a questionable conflict in Iraq, America has done a great deal of work in the Balkans and the Middle East and has liberated many people. When there is a massive migration of people, like South America is experiancing, there is a serious domestic problem.

People need to be able to empathize with these South Americans and help their native countries so they do not feel the need to escape into the United States. Shooting them is a band-aid solution at best that will help them Americans but will do nothing for Mexico. If the minutemen spent half the time they do shooting at Mexicans to build houses or educate the people they could accomplish a great deal more.

First, Mexicans aren't South Americans.

Second, the Minutemen aren't shooting them.

Third...the US didn't "accept" the role, the world thrust it upon them. Frankly, I look forward to another taking it on. I'll be chuckling the whole time.

Lastly...I wasn't aware that there was a massive migration of South Americans.

i dont believe they shoot them guru, only if the illegals shoot first. same as the US border patrol.

and, crossing our border illegally i believe, BELIEVE, is a felony. it is my understanding that you can use lethal force to stop a crime in progress.

the nuts and bolts of the issue is that it has to stop. frankly, i dont care if we do it by voodoo, just get it done.

You just don't understand; I dont care if they shoot them or not, I don't care if it is legal for them to shoot them or not. There is a better solution then lining the border with a bunch of volunteers waiting for illegals. Their time could be spent much better providing help to those in need in Mexico so they do not feel the need to go to the United States.

It is like trying to kill a weed, you can rip off its leaves but they will just grow back. Or you can pull it out by the roots and get rid of it once and for all. You line the borders with a bunch of volunteers just waiting then you will never stop the problem. These people are making a cry for help that has just fallen on deaf ears.

These people are making a cry for help that has just fallen on deaf ears.

your kidding right?

we have not heard the immigrant population? we have turned a deaf ear to the poor countries of the world?

this should not be only americas problem.

frankly no, i dont think there could be.

anything america did would be wrong and if another country did the exact same thing it would be marvelous and they would have a parade.

Have we not had many allies even in the war in Iraq though?

Certainly there can be methods they can feel comfortable with, no? I mean in general and not "radical" fringe element groups or special interest groups.

Surely there must be some way.

Not that I am concerned about it really, I mean we aren't here to please them. This is an internal matter. It's always nice to get words of encouragement from friends though.

Perhaps instead of deporting them back to Mexico perhaps the countries that are critical of our policies in this regard would take them. They could give them a place to live and jobs if they are so concerned. That could be a nice solution and I think very democaratic on their part.

First, Mexicans aren't South Americans.

Second, the Minutemen aren't shooting them.

Third...the US didn't "accept" the role, the world thrust it upon them. Frankly, I look forward to another taking it on. I'll be chuckling the whole time.

Lastly...I wasn't aware that there was a massive migration of South Americans.

I realize Mexicans are not South Americans but the corruption that infects Mexico is very much the same as in South America.

Secondly, whether they shoot them or not is besides the point. I don't care what they are doing to the Mexicans as it is a frivilous waste of time anyways.

Thirdly, we will not agree on whether or not the US had accepted the role. No one has ever forced anything on the United States. They have often helped in times of crisis in order to profit themselves, I am not blaming the US for that it is just a fact. America has fought many battles for many different countries and many different reasons, none have been because United States allies have had a gun to their heads.

Lastly, in South America corruption is rampant. For years South Americans/Central Americans have been migrating to North America.

Their time could be spent much better providing help to those in need in Mexico so they do not feel the need to go to the United States.

we do, and they need an economy they dont need aid. The majority of their people of working age leave their country. One of the best things the US could do is close the southern border and force them to build their own business, their own economy in THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

And Chop, there are a decent amount of illegal south americans in the US but from what I can tell they come legally and overstay their visas.

Do you have any stats on that?

I still havent found anything to indicate that the majority are on Welfare though.

Don't make no difference....If they are here illegal.

Need to be sent back where they came from...