No problem, I have to run them for myself also. Yes it is a Asus SLI board with Asus 6800Ultra Extremes. I have a DFI SLI board that will be here on Tuesday so I am just playing around with the Asus till then. If I want to squeeze the last 1% out of the cpu and memory I need the DFI board, as it overclocks better than the Asus board.

The Aquamark3 isn't too bad a score, but that is running the cpu's at 2.880ghz I get the about same Aquamar3 score out of my FX-55 at 2.8 Ghz.

Fx-55 Aquamark Score

The difference is mainly tweaking, so in this test the two cpu's don't give a person any advantage.

I'll let you know when I run more benchies and I'll post them. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just my .02

I think the FX-57 will top out 3.75ghz on a vapo :beer:

That would be one sweet vapo :P I think around 3.5 3d stable will be the average with single phasechange,to get 3750 you would need -90 temps and a exceptional chip

We will soon see I'm sure theres few members here that will get them :)

The FX-57 was released today and from what I can tell it is just a remarked FX-55 san diego, nothing has changed except the native multiplier. What a shame since they want 200 more for the FX-57 name. They should be available this week from online retailers at around 1050.

Gryph

The FX-57 was released today and from what I can tell it is just a remarked FX-55 san diego, nothing has changed except the native multiplier. What a shame since they want 200 more for the FX-57 name. They should be available this week from online retailers at around 1050.

Gryph

That is what I guessed so I picked up a FX-55SD core a week ago or so. The FX-57's of course will be the cream of the production though. I don't think you will see much difference between the FX-55 and FX-57, I can run my FX-55 at a 2.8 ghz with a 14 multi all day long at stock voltages. :)

Yep. LOL My wrinkley old man cheeks dropped about 3 inches. The good news is that Monarch has it in stock for almost $300.00 less. $1111.00 . The bad news is that credit card company called worring about fraud because of this purchase and the Vid cards. LOL.

Yep. LOL My wrinkley old man cheeks dropped about 3 inches.  The good news is that Monarch has it in stock for almost $300.00 less.  $1111.00 .  The bad news is that credit card company called worring about fraud because of this purchase and the Vid cards.  LOL.

I will assume you ordered it then Sho? :lol:

So what are you going to boot all that new stuff up on?? :rofl:

Gryph

I will assume you ordered it then Sho? :lol:

So what are you going to boot all that new stuff up on?? :rofl:

Gryph

You know he bought it.. check out what it says on the page with the FX-57

Customers who bought this also bought:

Code  Name  Price 

190377  XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB DDR3/PCI-E/TV-Out/DUAL-DVI (Retail Box)

I am really at a crossroads here. I love having a top noth gaming machine so with that said I should go for the FX57 but I also do a lot of encoding and video editing so then my gut says get the 4800X2. Damn they are making this decission tuff on me....

I am really at a crossroads here.  I love having a top noth gaming machine so with that said I should go for the FX57 but I also do a lot of encoding and video editing so then my gut says get the 4800X2. Damn they are making this decission tuff on me....

4800 hands down. 57 doesnt make as much sense. Sure at stock its a bit better at gaming and a few other things but the 4800 will surpass it in the near future. The 57 should have been dual core or came out at 3 ghz. Edited by wsrider